Adsense

Friday, June 29, 2012

Worship: The Same Everywhere

Lately, I've been thinking about worship a lot. I've been realizing that I worship so often. Not just at church, but eveywhere. I find myself constantly raising up my arms and thanking God throughout the day, for various reasons:

Getting a letter from one of my sponsored children makes me jump up and down and praise God.

Being able to pay my bills on time and still have money leftover for my savings account is truly a miracle. God is a wonderful provider.

Having prayers answered in big ways is changing my heart.

Of course, there are countless other reasons to worship and praise God. To get deeper, I've looked up both bible verses and quotes about worship, to help me see other sides and opinions on worship. I would like to share some with you. And because I love sponsorship so much, each of these quotes/verses will also come with a picture of cute kids worshipping.

Prepare your hearts for adorableness.


Psalms 99:5 Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!


"The whole person, with all his senses, with both mind and body, needs to be
involved in genuine worship."
Jerry Kerns


Psalms 95:6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!

"God is to be praised with the voice, and the heart should go therewith in holy
exultation."
Charles H. Spurgeon


James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you…

Romans 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


"'A glimpse of God will save you. To gaze at Him will sanctify you."
Manley Beasley


Psalms 59:16 But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.

"The first element in worship is adoration. The Hebrews expressed this by their posture
and not alone my their word. For they prostrated themselves before God. O come, let
us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. They did not come
with an easy familiarity into the presence of God, but were aware of his greatness and
majesty, and came with a sense of privilege to His house.
H.H. Rowley


Psalms 66:4 All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.” Selah



No comments:

Post a Comment