Adsense

Monday, June 11, 2012

Holy Super Sierra Leone, Batman!

I got two letters from Abu today!

I just got four letters from him less than two weeks ago.

The letters were both written last month. I have never gotten a letter from Sierra Leone in just a month. They must be in super speed. I like it!

I feel like 2nd letter needs some clarification. I wrote Abu a letter about how my family likes to bake and decorate cookies. I thought it would be fun to take a picture of each step in the baking process and send them to my kids. As it turns out, that's not allowed. Abu didn't receive any of the pictures I took. While I can understand that it's like showing off food, and it would probably be mean to show him this. I didn't even think of that. I feel bad for even sending them to him. And all of my kids.

Sometimes my head doesn't think through things that may hurt my sponsored children.

Anyway, I really am happy to receive these two letters. I'm not trying to be a downer. Here they are:



Dear Kayla,

Your child is happy to receive a card and the stickers from you. He appreciates your kindness so much that he says thank you and your family. He says you are changing his life better as you have earlier said. (I think I told him that he was changing my life for the better). He spends his free time with his friends whilst talking to them about you and your family, telling them about your goodness to him. (It sounds like we are the same, talking to our friends about each other). He teaches his friends to jump for joy everyday because he has learned it from the card you sent to him. (I sent him a card with a frog on it that said Jump For Joy. This is too cute). He shows the stickers as well. Once again, he says thanks and remembers you all day long.

____________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Abu received the letter dated on April 6th on the 8th of May. He says many thanks for the wonderful explainations about the way you make and bake sweets and cookies. He has to understand everything as he continues to attend school. Maybe his teacher will teach him more. (I am super confused on what these two sentences mean). However, he says he did not see the finished cookies picture but it appears as he was there too. (I told him about how I made a cookie look just like him. I wish he would've been able to see that little boy cookie). He does not know how to bake, or even cook. His grandmother cooks for them but she too does not bake, even bread, which is common in the community. (I wonder where the bread comes from, or if they even eat it at all). Abu hopes that he will get some cookies so he can have and eat them. (I wonder if I'm allowed to bring him some cookies when I go visit him next summer). Once more, Abu says thanks and appreciates your kindness.

____________________________________________________________________________


I just love this little boy. I wish I could even put it into words.


4 comments:

  1. I hope you're allowed to bring him cookies when you visit; that would be adorable! Maybe you can see him jump for joy in person. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to bring him cookies. I have a feeling that it won't be allowed. However, I know sponsors have brought their kids candy before, so a cookie isn't that much different. It's not like I'm bringing an odd dinner or something.

      Delete
  2. 6 letters in such a short time! How AWESOME! I hope you get to take the cookies to him when you visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have literally received more letters (6 letters) in the last five months than I received the last 1-2 years from Abu. Now that he's getting older, he's becoming quite the writer.

      Delete