Adsense

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Amanda and Iris

Amanda over at Our Compassion Adventure has been in Honduras since Thursday. I've been thinking about her and praying for her and her group since the very moment I woke up on Thursday morning.

Today, Sunday, I woke up literally jumping up and down, with butterflies in my stomach. Today is Child Visit Day on this particular Compassion trip.

Amanda is not only visiting the beautiful children that she sponsors, she is also visiting the precious children she found sponsors for when she was advocating before her trip.

One of those children is my beauty queen, Iris. Amanda gets to see her today. She gets to hug her, pray with her, show her my picture, love on her, and even give her an amazing gift. I just can't even contain myself.

I know that when Amanda comes back she is going to have endless stories and lots of pictures to share with me and everyone.

I am constantly amazed and in awe of what God does when I choose to follow his will for my life.

Because of God working through Amanda, I get to love and be friends with this adorable 10 year old girl.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh Kayla I just can't believe that she is visiting with our sweet girls, possibly at this very moment! I stil think its awesome that we have girlies in the same project. It will be so cool to get to know them together! Praying for Amanda right along side of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great that we sponsor girls in the same project too. How old is your girl? We can watch them grow up together. If you keep reading my blog, you'll hear all about her, of course, haha.

      I know Amanda will only have a short time with each child, but even 10 minutes is enough time to make a huge impact and take pictures of our girls!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful girl you are sponsoring (along with all of the others). I'm sure Iris is feeling pretty special right now thanks to all the love she is being showered with. These children are blessed to have you in their lives and I can see how those blessings come right back to you.
    Maggie, aka MakeMineChai, from swap-bot Follow My Blogger Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving me a great comment.

      I sure do hope that Iris felt loved yesterday. I can't wait get pictures of her and hear about her from my friend Amanda.

      Delete
  3. oh wow! you are so amazing to sponsor so many children and inspiring others to join in the sponsorship program. i have to agree on how amazing it feels to actually meet your sponsor child and see their project in real life. i was lucky enough to visit mine a few years back. i can't wait to hear about amanda's visit to iris!

    follow my blogger blog... memtree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that you have a sponsored child too! It really is the most amazing thing I've done with my life. I hope to meet Celeste (Iris) for myself someday.

      Delete