Adsense

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Iris's Information

I called Compassion today and Iris is officially on my account. So exciting! Her information showed up just a few hours later. Compassion is on top of this! Here's what I've got on her...


Name: Iris
Age: 10
Birthday: April 12th
Grade in School: 3rd
School Performance: Average
Family Duties: Gardening/Farming, Running Errands, Cleaning
Hobbies and Sports: Dolls, Group Games, Hide and Seek
Guardian: Grandmother
Siblings: 1 Brother

Amanda got more information about her family for me. Her parents are divorced. Her father lives in another city to work and sends money home to support her. Iris has zero contact with her mother. That breaks my heart. I don't know what I would do without my mom. I pray that I can show Iris tons of love and let her know how much God loves her.

Child Development Center Information


This exciting church partner is located 5 km east of San Pedro Sula in the coastal community of Colonia Bermejo, home to approximately 4,100 residents. Typical houses are constructed of wood and have dirt floors. The spoken language is Spanish.

The regional diet consists of maize, beans, bananas, chicken and rice. Common health problems in this area include respiratory illnesses and diarrhea. Most adults in Colonia Bermejo work as day laborers and earn the equivalent of $158 per month. This community needs employment opportunities, a sewage system, street repairs, water and housing improvements.

Sponsorship allows the staff of CDI SueƱo de Dios to provide your sponsored child with Christian education, camp, evangelism, medical check ups, nutrition and hygiene education, recreational activities, birthday celebrations, school uniforms, supplies and shoes. The center staff will also provide nutritional education, counseling and evangelism for the parents or guardians of these children



Also, here is the gift that Amanda will be bringing for Iris (and all of the other 12 girls!). She paid for all of these gifts out of her own pocket as a thanks for sponsoring. I just can't believe it. She's a wonderful woman. I am just so happy.




6 comments:

  1. Aaah I'm so excited for you! I just chose to sponsor Angie last night, so we have girls in the same center! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you decided to sponsor Angie! She's so cute. It's cool to know so many new people and that we all have kiddos in the same center.

      Delete
  2. Hi there!

    I found your blog through the World Vision Facebook page. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying reading about your sponsorship "journey" and what you send your kids, etc. I've got two WV sponsored kids, one in India (girl, age 12) and one in Romania (girl, age 12). The picture of Iris' gifts made me smile because that little green Hello Kitty compact is one of the things I'm sending to my Indian girl for her birthday! It's a brush/mirror combo. Gotta love the $1 bins at Target. ;)

    Have a good one,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to hear about other sponsored children. Two lovely girls. How long have you sponsored your girls? I love that World Vision lets us send gifts to our kiddos, even if the shipping does cost SO MUCH.

      Delete
    2. I started sponsoring my girl in India in December. My Romanian girl was just sponsored on Memorial Day. I knew I wanted to sponsor two children, and I've always had a huge fascination with Romania for some reason, so I started looking at those children. When I saw this girl, I knew I was meant to sponsor her! :)

      I love being able to send small gifts too. India requires you to stick to the 6x9 envelope rule, but Romania has no size limit as long as the value of the items is under $20 and there's no jewelry.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete