Adsense

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy 11th Birthday, Kalpesh!

Today, my precious boy, Kalpesh, is 11 years old. In December 2011, I was just learning about Compassion International. I was already sponsoring through World Vision and was unsure that I wanted to have my money going to two organizations. A friend of mine told me about Compassion's correspondent program and I was immediately on board. This was a way for me encourage some children while I learned about how this organization worked and how things were run. (Of course, now I'm absolutely in love with Compassion).

Right away, I asked Compassion for three correspondent children. I was assigned Eric from Ugandan and two children from India, Meena (who I no longer correspond with) and Kalpesh. It was pretty much love at first sight with all of these children.

 
 
Dear Kalpesh,
 
Happy birthday, my dear friend. I can't believe you are already 11 years old. When we first started writing to each other, you were only 9 years old. You are growing into a wonderful young man. The letters you write to me are always full of such wonderful words and details. I feel like I really have gotten to know you and I love you very much.
 
I pray that on your special day, the marking of your 11th year of life, you know just how loved you are. I love you very much and I hope that we have many years together to write and get to know each other. I pray that you know just how much God loves you, Kalpesh. God is always watching out for you and he will always be with you in everything that you do.
 
I hope that on your birthday, your family is able to do something a little special for you so you know how wonderful you are. I also hope that you receive the gift that I was able to send you.
 
Love,
Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment