Adsense

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Letters to My Kids: April 2013

This month, I wrote my sponsored children one letter. I used the online writing tool for my Compassion kids and I handwrote the for my World Vision kids.

This month, in my preschool class, we have been learning about the caterpillar to butterfly life cycle. I decided to share this with my sponsored kids and tweak it a little bit. Here's the letter I wrote to them:

___________________________________________________________________________________

This month, I have having a great time teaching my students. Together, we are learning about how caterpillars turn into butterflies. We caught some caterpillars and we have them living in a jar in our classroom. Everyday, we are watching them as they eat leaves and get bigger and bigger. Soon, they will begin the change of spinning their coocoons. In a few weeks, we will have beautiful butterflies that we can let go into the air outside. The students and I are having a lot of fun watching the process. Watching beautiful changes in nature always reminds me of how amazing our God is.

Seeing a caterpillar turn into a butterfly reminds me of how people can change when they learn about and know Jesus. Before we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are sinners without even knowing it. We make bad choices and do not ask for forgiveness because we do not realize that Jesus is there. Like the caterpillar, we have not gone through a big change yet.

Then, just like the caterpillar spinning itself into a cocoon, we begin to learn about Jesus. We read the bible, we pray, and we sing songs of praise. The caterpillar spends a few weeks inside of it's cocoon. This is a long time for a little caterpillar. Sometimes it takes us a long time to get to know Jesus and accept him into our hearts and to believe that Jesus is our savior.

Then, the caterpillar burts out of its' cocoon and it's a brand new creation. It's a beautiful butterfly! This is like a person after they accept Jesus into their hearts. This person is now a brand new creation. They have Jesus in their heart and they are so very happy. The world seems much more beautiful and happy.

Have you accepted Jesus into your heart, Melaku? If not, I will pray that you come to know Jesus as your savior.

Love,
Kayla




__________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment