Adsense

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Precious Letter from Abu

The mail is just pouring in recently! I'm beyond happy to be able to share all of these letters with you lately. I was absolutely shocked to find a letter from Abu today. Usually, I only hear from him every couple of months. It's only been 3 weeks since my last letter from Abu. Maybe now that he's getting older, he's showing more interest in writing.

This letter was extra special for me today. Awhile back, I traced my hands for all of my kids and encouraged them to do the same. I even mailed each of them a piece of paper so they could use it. Abu used that paper to trace his hands! I was so happy to see them. It was almost like I got to hold his hands. He traced them on his own.

Even more special, at the top of the picture it said, "I Love You Kayla." It was written in English and it was written BY ABU. In his community, all letters are written by a community volunteer that can write in English. That way, no time is wasted in translation. However, it's very sad because I have been sponsoring Abu for over five years and I have never seen Abu's handwriting before. Today, I did! Yay!

Time for the letter!

 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Abu and grandmother received the letters, photos, and the stickers you sent. They appreciate you and say many thanks to you. They are proud of you anywhere they go. They pray that God continues to bless you and your family and make provisions for you all.

Abu has drawn his hands on a paper for you, though not well shaped because he did it on his own. He is very much happy to have you as his sponsor.

Also, when his grandmother comes from village, he will have her take a picture and send it to you.

He's in the second term of the school year and Abu and his friends often play football on the field.

Moreover, Abu and his grandmother say thank you and your family and always remember you.

Love,
Abu-Bakarr

__________________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Awww what a precious letter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet that Abu traced his hands on his own and wrote that he loves you in his own handwriting!!!! Such a precious letter!!!

    ReplyDelete