Adsense

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Letter from Jhon!

I was assigned Jhon from Bolivia as a correspondent child on December 3rd. And today, about 4 1/2 months later, I got my first letter from him. It was a long wait, but I am very happy.

Jhon wrote a very nice letter, with many details. Also, his handwriting is impecable! I have never seen a 14 year old boy write so nicely. I will definitely be complimenting him on his handwriting in my response letter.


 
 

__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Dear Kayla,
 
Hello, I greet you with the peace of our Lord Jesus. I thank you for the letter you sent me and I am very happy for your photos. I am very happy to meet you and your family who looks so beautiful. Thank you for the money you sent me. I bought clothes and shoes. My parents get up every morning to go to work. My father works as electric and my mother is working at the student center. My parents play basketball to have fun. They like sports like you. I have three siblings named Katherine who is 11 years old, Nicolas is 5 and Rodrigo is 21. I am 14. Jesus dropped his blood on the cross to save us from our sins. I want to be an engineer when I grow up. My favorite food is noodle, meat, and salad. My favorite color is yellow. My favorite sport is soccer. I want to study to be a doctor. (An engineer and a doctor, eh?) God has been providing for my family with blessings and protection for our lives. I want that my family is always united and I wish success for the jobs of your family. I close with love and affection. May God bless you and your family.
 
Your Friend,
Jhon
 
__________________________________________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. What a great letter!!! That's neat that his mother works at the student center and that his parents play basketball to have fun! I love how he shared about his siblings with you!! And I hope that he can be a doctor someday!!! It looks like you are going to have a wonderful friendship with this young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's cool that his mother works at the center too. I'm going to ask him about it in a future letter. I would love to hear more about what she does there.

      Delete
  2. I spy a new photo of Abu!! And he's smiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You're quick! I just posted that. I'm working on writing a post about it.

      Delete