Adsense

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Letters to My Kids: September 2012

This month, I sent two letters to my sponsored kids. At the beginning of this month, I wrote a letter to each of my children that was essentially just a list of questions about their homes, communities, and projects. Here's what I sent to them:

__________________________________________________________________________________

Today I am writing you a letter because I want to learn more about your home, your community, and your project. I'm going to use this letter to ask you a lot of questions. You don't have to answer them all if you don't want to. I just want to learn as much about you as I can. Here are my questions:

1. What is your house made out of?

2. Who lives in your home with you?

3. Where do you sleep? Do you have a bed?

4. Do you have electricity in your home?

5. How do you get water in your community?

6. What do most adults do as jobs in your community?

7. How do people travel around in your community? Do they walk, ride bikes, drive?

8. How does Compassion help your community?

9. How many kids are enrolled in your Compassion project?

10. What do you like the most about being in the Compassion project?

11. What foods are typical in your community?


Remember, you don't have to answer all of these questions. I just wanted to ask a lot so you can choose which ones you want to talk about. I will be happy to learn anything that I can about where you live. Thank you!

Love,
Kayla

________________________________________________________________________________

At the end of this month, I wrote to each of my children about Christmas. I wrote out the entire story of Christ's birth starting with the angel Gabriel telling Mary that she was having God's son, to their being no room at the inn, the Joseph and Mary traveling to Bethleham, to Jesus being born in the stable, and then the shepherds and wise men visiting Jesus and worshipping him.

I told them why we celebrate Christams and why gifts are given.

I had a lot of fun writing these letters and decorating them with manager scene stickers from the Oriental Trading Company. I hope my kiddos love these letters as much as I loved writing them.

That's September for ya! Onto October where I will be writing about New Year's Resolutions, Noah's Ark for the younger kids/Prodigal Son parable for the older kids, and then a letter asking the children what chores they do at home. It'll be a three letter month!

Yay! Get writing to your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment