Adsense

Monday, September 10, 2012

A Letter to God

Hi Dad!

How it's going?

Remember the days when I was a new Christian and I was struggling to understand how to pray? I couldn't seem get myself calm enough to sit still and just talk to you? Well, then somebody at church told me that I should write my prayers in letter form and it worked great! I haven't done that since high school, but sometimes, I do kind of miss it.

God, I want to start out telling you how much I love you and the young woman that you've created me to be. I know that you and I have had our ups and downs over the years, mostly caused by me thinking I could run my own life and I didn't always need you to show me what to do. Boy, I sure was wrong, wasn't I?! Life is so much better now that I know to trust in you with every aspect of my life.

God, thanks for being my heavenly father, especially when my father on earth doesn't make the cut. Thank you for always loving me unconditionally, for listening to my prayers, supporting me in my decisions, and for always being there for me.

Above all, dad, I want to thank you for leading me to Compassion International. I seriously can't imagine my life without it. You have connected me to 7 wonderful children that I feel a family bond to. When I first signed up Compassion's correspondence program last December, I had no idea it would turn into my sponsoring four boys and three girls from all over the world. Thanks to you, a piece of my heart now lives in Uganda, India, Ethiopia, Honduras, and Indonesia.  The adventure you are leading me through with this organization has gone beyond all expections that I imagined it would. Receiving letters from these children and knowing that we have so much love for each other, over thousands of miles, is all I need in this world.

Thank you, over and over, for providing the money I need for these sponsorships each month. I have never wanted for anything. When you call me to sponsor another child, you always give me the provision I need.

Life with you, father, is amazing.

Your Loving Daughter,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment