Adsense

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Letter Day!

I know that I've said this before, but I absolutely love my boy, Kalpesh, in India. He responds to every single letter that I write to him. I write 3 times a month to each of my sponsored children. Kalpesh, I write more often because he always asks questions in his letters that I just have to answer, haha.

Basically, that means that I receive anywhere from 2-4 letters a month from him. It's just great!

Yesterday and I today, I received a letter from him. I would like to share those letters with you today.



________________________________________________________________________________

In February, I sent him a birthday package (his birthday is at the end of April). It got to him late, but that's okay, he still seems to have really liked it. I included some of these watercolor paint pages from the dollar store. He painted one of them and sent it back for! He's awesome.

Dear Kayla,

Greetings to you in the matchless name of our savior Jesus Christ. Thank you very much for your birthday wishes and cards. I am very sorry to say that I received your letter in the month of May. I hope you had celebrated your birthday wonderfully with your family & friends (I told him that my birthday is also at the end of April). I also wish you Happy Birthday. How many years you are now? I am praying for your health and your work. In my life I never celebrate birthday but this year with all the parents of our project children we celebrated very enthusiastically at our project. Thank you very much for your love and support.

Your Friend,
Kalpesh

Here's the painting he returned to me!



________________________________________________________________________________

Also in February, I sent each of my children a Mother's Day themed letter. I gave each of the children a pretty notecard for them to write a message to their mothers to tell them how much they love them. Here's Kalpesh's response:

Dear Friend Kayla,

Greetings to you in the Holy name of Jesus Christ from your Indian friend (Seriously too cute! My Indian friend.) I received your letter before Mother's Day. Thank you so much for your letter with beautiful card for my mom. Previously, I did not know about Mother's Day, but after your letter our sir (what he calls his teacher) told me about Mother's Day. Two days before only my mom returned from her work. Because she is staying other place which is about 120 km from our village for daily wages work. She was very glad to receiving beautiful card and gave thanks a lot for it. Wishing you may have great health and may God help you in your work and bless you. Once again, I am very grateful to the Lord and you too for love and care for me.

With Lots of Love,
Kalpesh

______________________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Kalpesh is an awesome kid! Congrats on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, he is an awesome kid! I feel so blessed to get to know him.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful letters!! I love how sincere he is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been open and honest from the very beginning, before he even received a letter from me. I love that. I knows that it's only going to get better as he gets older. He's only 10!

      Delete
  3. I love Kalpesh's letters! And I LOVE your idea to send the Mother's Day card for him to give his mother... what a blessing that was for her! I'm going to do that next year... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah. You should definitely do it next year. Your kids would love it. I've gotten a couple responses for the kids about how they liked the cards.

      Delete