Adsense

Friday, August 31, 2012

Speaking of India...Again!

As you may have heard (if you've been reading my blog at all, you've definitely heard) I've been advocating for boys from the IN860 project. Those precious boys.

I've been praying for these boys every single day, multiple times a day. I've been asking God to show me how to find sponsors for these boys. I've been praying that each boy will find the perfect sponsor who will be the perfect fit. A sponsor who will love them and write to them and encourage them and be able to meet their specific needs.

A couple days ago, as I was praying, God began to nudge me towards a boy named Sagar. In his picture, Sagar is standing perfectly upright, with his head slightly raised, a very serious face on, like he's trying to show the world that he's a man and nobody can mess with him, not even poverty. However, his eyes tell a different story. In his eyes, you can see that he is still a child and there is even a hint of sadness in there.

God was certainly nudging.

I knew the nudge and I couldn't argue with it. I sponsored Sagar last night. I just had to, I wish I could explain the feeling. And after I sponsored him, I felt like everything was right in my heart. I just know when it's meant to be and God rewards me with so much happiness afterwards.

I know that I've said it before, but this really will be my last sponsorship for a long time. I will have no extra money rolling in until I get my yearly raise at work, in May. Check back then! ; )

Without further ado, here is the boy that I'm calling my teddy bear, Sagar...

 
Here's aleady such a little man!
 
 
More information about Sagar:
 
Age: 9
Birthday: March 3rd
Grade in School: 5th
School Performance: Average
Family Duties: Carrying Water & Caring for Children
Hobbies & Sports: Group Games & Running
Guardians: Mother (Father is No Longer Living). His mother works as a house maid.
 
Your sponsored child lives on the plains of Miraj Red Light Area, home to approximately 4,000 residents. Typical houses are constructed of wood, bamboo or tile floors; wood, tin, bamboo or plastic walls and cement, tin or tile roofs.

The regional diet consists of maize, bread, rice and potatoes. Common health problems in this area include tuberculosis, malaria, malnutrition and waterborne and vector borne diseases. Most adults are unemployed but some work as sex workers and earn the equivalent of $34 per month. This community needs improved sanitation, safe drinking water and vocational skills development.
 
________________________________________________________________________________
 
Now that I've introduced my new Indian boy to you, I want to share a letter that came from my other precious Indian boy, Kalpesh. I found out yesterday that I have a total of five letters on the way from him! This is the second letter that I've received. He is such a wonderful writer!
 
In March, I sent my kids a letter that was all about sea turtles. I sent each child a card with their name and a picture of a sea turtle on the front. Inside the card, I wrote a few facts about sea turtles. I also included a few pictures of what sea turtles looked like.
 
This is Kalpesh's response to that letter...
 
 
 
Dear Friend Kayla,
 
Greetings to you in the loving name of Jesus Christ. Once again it's my great pleasure to write this letter and I am very glad to receive your letting, and knowing about sea turtles and some facts about turtles. I never seen any kind tortoise, on see in pictures. Is it any difference between sea turtle and others? I mean in shape, size, color, etc. I liked very much learning about sea turtles. Thank you so much for writing and sharing with me. Waiting for your letter. Take care of yourself.
 
With Love,
Kalpesh
 
 
He is just so inquisitive! I love all of his questions and I send him emails right away answering his questions. This is the first child I've sponsored who I've had more of a pen pal relationship with. He answers every letter that I write to him, always commenting on what I write and asking me more questions for me to answer. It's just wonderful.
 
I will be stalking my mailbox looking for the next three letters that he's sending me. I'm still hoping that one of those letters has a picture of Kalpesh with the birthday gifts he bought with the money I sent him. I'm at least hoping for a list of what he was able to buy. I just want to know so much!
 
I hope that I get to spend many more years writing to Kalpesh.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment