Adsense

Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcoming Another New Face

Awhile ago, Compassion had 100 children sponsored that needed correspondence sponsors to write to them. The first people that stepped forward were the first ones to get a child assigned to them. I emailed the woman assigning children right away telling them that I would love two children if they were available. The woman told me that she would assign me one child (my adorable Sagitaria) and if, after assigning to the other sponsors, there were any children leftover, I would assigned a second one.

A couple of weeks have gone by and no new child. I just figured there wasn't going to be another one.

Then today, I received an email from Our Compassion saying, "Welcome to IN964!" Uhh...what? Haha. I checked my account and sure enough, there was new child on my account. The haungtinly beautiful Sadiya from India.


If you know anything about me, I love the kids in India. My current correspondent child, Kalpesh, has just stolen my heart and I've already agreed that if I need to in the future, I will be picking up his sponsorship and praying super hard that the money will be there. (I hope it never happens though!). My past correspondent girl, Meena, was also from India. Both of these kids write the best letters! I can't get to wait to get to know this gorgeous little girl. I want to add some happiness to those very sad eyes.

Here's a little information about her:

Name: Sadiya
Age: 8
Birthday: March 1st
Grade in School: 1st
School Performance: Average
Family Duties: Carrying Water & Sewing
Hobbies and Sports: Playing Group Games & Hide and Seek
Guardian: Father (is a tailor) & Mother (Maintains the Home)

Your sponsored child lives on the plains of Chandan Hulla, home to approximately 160,000 residents. Typical houses are constructed of cement and have brick walls. The most commonly spoken languages are Hindi and Urdu.

The regional diet consists of apples, oranges and biscuits. Common health problems in this area include malnutrition, diarrhea, vitamin deficiency and waterborne diseases. Most adults work as day laborers and earn the equivalent of $60 per month. This community needs safe drinking water, scholastic materials, awareness on the importance of education, vocational education, income-generating activities and freedom from gender discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment