Adsense

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Touching Thursday (First Advocacy Edition!)

As the title says, this will be a different type of Touching Thursday. I will still be sharing children with you. But, as I told you last week, I am officially now an advocate with Compassion. This means that Compassion will be mailing me packets of children that are waiting for sponsors. It will be my job to pray for them and to help them find a loving sponsor.

If you wish to sponsor any of the children you see here, PLEASE email me at Groth.Kayla@mail.ic.edu . You are not able to sponsor these children on the website. Right now, I have their only information. After you email, I will send you more information about how to sign up to sponsor these children.

This week, I'm actually going to share four children with you. I can't narrow it down to just three. All four of these little girls desperately needs a sponsor.

These first three girls' packets expire August 24th. Then I will have to send them back to Compassion. Please pray and let me know as soon as you can if you want to sponsor them.


This precious girl is Faidatou from Burkina Faso. She is 3 years old and her birthay is February 3rd. Faidatou lives with her mother, father and 4 siblings. Her parents are both sometimes employed as farmers. At home, Faidatou helps out by cleaning. Faidatou is not currently attending school because she is too young. Her favorite activities are playing with dolls and playing group games. She attends bible class regularly.

The reginal diet consists of maize, fish, and potatoes. The average income is only $20 a month.


This precious little girl is Brenda Rose. I've been praying extra hard for her lately. She is from the Philippines, which has the highest rate of young girls being sex trafficked in the world. Brenda Rose is 8 years old and her birthday is January 6th. She lives with her mother, father, and 5 siblings. Such a big family, makes me fearful for her. Her father is employed as a laborer and her mother maintains the home. Singing, telling stories, and playing house are Brenda Rose's favorite things to do. In primary school her performance is average and she also regularly attends church activities.

The reginal diet consists of maize, bananas, fish, bread, and cassava. The average monthly income per family is equivalent to $50.


This girl has me heartbroken. Her broken spirit just shines through her eyes. I would love to find her a loving sponsor!

This is Aklima. She will be 7 years old on August 31st. What a wonderful birthday present a sponsor would be! Aklima lives with both of her parents and 1 sibling. Her father works as a laborer and her mother maintains the home. Aklima helps at home by carrying water. Fun fun, Aklima enjoys playing with dolls and playing group games. She attends bible class and in primary school her performance is average.

The reginal diet consists of fish, rice, and lentils. The average monthly income is $36.


Lastly, this precious girl is Ungkhana. She is 8 years old and she's from Thailand. Her birthday is May 16th. She lives her her parents and 3 siblings. Her parents are both sometimes employed as farmers. Ungkhana helps at home by carrying water, gathering firewood, and buying/selling in the market (so much work for a little one!). Singing, telling stories, and playing house are Ungkhana's favorite activities. In primary school, her performance is below average. She could use a sponsor who is going to encourage her in school and let her know that education is important.

The regional diet consists of chicken, pork, fish, rice, and vegetables. Working adults make, on average, $29 a month.



To sponsor any of these girls, please email me at Groth.Kayla@mail.ic.edu . I would love to set you up!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being a Compassion Advocate! I love being able to do my small part to help find sponsors for these kids and share about the message of Compassion.

    ReplyDelete