Adsense

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My School Template from Kwizera Yves

I know that I'm in the minority when it comes to the letter templates that Compassion gives to children under the age of 9, but I really like them.

I feel like if they gave my little kids an empty piece of paper to write me a letter, I'd hear a whole bunch of the same information over and over again. With these templates, they have simple fill in the blank statements to write and the sponsor gets to learn a lot of new information.

Granted, some of the information in this particular letter is a little odd, especially for a typical school day, but I'm going to go with it, haha.

_________________________________________________________________________________


My School

I am in primary 3 grade

My school is 1 kilometer from my house

I get to school by foot

My school uniform is yellowish 

My school teacher's name is Michel

My favorite thing about school is to have a healthy life 

My favorite subject in school is English

After school I like to fetch water 


Dear Kayla,

I greet you wishing you to live with God through your life. I appreciate the letter which you sent me while asking me different questions. Because of a small space, I am going to answer a few. We use water from the tap. We don't own a house, we are renting. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    I hope I don't sound super creepy or anything...but can we please be friends? haha. It's just that in the last year or so, I've become super passionate about child sponsorship (I sponsor 5 girls through World Vision), and I don't know anyone else (especially around my age) who is...and ah, I think my friends are getting sick of me rambling on about the girls I sponsor/child sponsorship, although I am seriously considering becoming a Child Ambassador for World Vision, so they're probably in for it then, haha. But in any case, I would love to have someone to talk to (gush!) about sponsorship from time to time...Do you have Facebook? You can look me up under "Susanna-Cole King"...or maybe email, if Facebook is a good vessel for communication for you?

    Oh, also or alternatively, do you know of any active forums or groups for chid sponsors?

    And I love your blog, and I love what you're doing, so keep at it!

    Much love,
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Compassion International has created a forum for their sponsors. It's ourcompassion.org . Even if you don't sponsor with Compassion, you can still create an account post, but you won't be able to visit the certain forums that are for sponsors only.

      Unfortunately, World Vision doesn't have a forum like this. I would love it!

      Feel free to join my Facebook page about child sponsorship: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfChildSponsorship . I mostly just post things, but I would love it if there were some discussions on that page.

      I will also Facebook friend you!

      Delete
    2. Well, I tried to look you up, but I wasn't able to find you. If you like my page, I'll connect with you that way.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I hope maybe World Vision will create a forum like that someday as well...

    And oh, hm, bit strange you couldn't find me, don't know what's up with Facebook's search, but in any case, I've just liked your Facebook page. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Since we're not Facebook friends, I can't search for you through my likes, unless you comment on something. Then I can follow the link to your page.

      Delete
    2. Never mind. I think I found you!

      Delete
  3. I think it's funny that Kwizera Yves said that his school uniform "yellowish" and that he likes to fetch water after school! And I agree with you--I really enjoy the templates for the younger kids...I've found that I've learned so much more about my little kids since Compassion implemented the templates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if he truly likes to fetch water after school, of if it's just one of his chores.

      Delete