39 days until I drive to Chicago at 2 a.m.
39 days until I get on a plane to Miami.
39 days until I meet a group of Compassion sponsors.
39 days until I see my friend Brandilyn for the first time in person.
39 days until I board a plane to Honduras.
39 days until I step off a plane in Honduras.
39 days and I'll be one step closer to my precious girl, Celeste.
On this day:
- I have all of the gifts from friends who sponsor children in Honduras packed up in my suitcase
- I have decided that I am done buying gifts for Celeste. Her gifts are also packed into my suitcase.
- I have panicked about my suitcase being over the weight limit.
- I have imagined a scene in the airport where I am dumping things out of my suitcase to get it back under the weight limit.
- I have convinced myself that my suitcase will not be over the weight limit.
- I have not weighed my suitcase yet.
Today, I also received my 2nd email from my trip leader. The 1st email came with a packing list and a list of things to bring along to play with the kids and help them do some crafts. Today's email, though, made everything feel so real. I saw a list of all of the sponsors that are going on the trip, I officially have a roommate (Brandilyn!), and I saw a list of all of the children being visited on child visit day.
I just want to jump up and down for joy!