Adsense

Monday, July 1, 2013

39 Days!

Yes, you read that right, 39 days.

39 days until I drive to Chicago at 2 a.m.

39 days until I get on a plane to Miami.

39 days until I meet a group of Compassion sponsors.

39 days until I see my friend Brandilyn for the first time in person.

39 days until I board a plane to Honduras.

39 days until I step off a plane in Honduras.

39 days and I'll be one step closer to my precious girl, Celeste.




On this day:

- I have all of the gifts from friends who sponsor children in Honduras packed up in my suitcase

- I have decided that I am done buying gifts for Celeste. Her gifts are also packed into my suitcase. 

- I have panicked about my suitcase being over the weight limit. 

- I have imagined a scene in the airport where I am dumping things out of my suitcase to get it back under the weight limit. 

- I have convinced myself that my suitcase will not be over the weight limit. 

- I have not weighed my suitcase yet. 



Today, I also received my 2nd email from my trip leader. The 1st email came with a packing list and a list of things to bring along to play with the kids and help them do some crafts. Today's email, though, made everything feel so real. I saw a list of all of the sponsors that are going on the trip, I officially have a roommate (Brandilyn!), and I saw a list of all of the children being visited on child visit day. 

I just want to jump up and down for joy! 

6 comments:

  1. I live in Miami, you'll be passing through my home airport. :)

    But seriously, I can't wait until you take this trip because I can't WAIT to follow along!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I won't be blogging while I'm there, but I will definitely be talking about it when I come back. I'm hoping to write one post for each day of the trip. Maybe more than one a day. We'll have to see!

      Delete
    2. That's okay! I'm sure your readers will be willing to wait! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear about your trip and to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Can't wait to read about it when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete