Adsense

Friday, June 7, 2013

New Boys!

Every time I feel like my family is complete, I get that certain urge to sponsor/correspond with more children.

Yesterday, I emailed Compassion and asked them to add two more correspondent children to my account. I asked for older children from either Uganda or the Philippines. While you can request specific genders, ages, and countries, it is never a guarantee.

Today, I signed onto my account during naptime at work and I saw two new names. That was super fast!

Meet Nikko from the Philippines and Taye from Ethiopia!

 
 

 Nikko is 14 years old and is from the Philippines. I finally have my Filipino kiddo! His information was just updated in February. Nikko lives with his uncle, his mother is away and his father is in prison. Poor kid! His uncle supports the family by selling used clothes. Nikko is in 9th grade with average performance. He enjoys marbles, basketball, singing, and drawing.

Taye is 16 years old and is from Ethiopia. His picture is actually due to update any day now, it's been about 20 months! That explains why he looks so young in his photo. He lives with both of his parents (father is a farmer). Since he's due for an update, I assume that he's in 7th or 8th grade, with above average performance! He enjoys riding his bike and playing dama (a board game).


6 comments:

  1. Yay for you and super Yay for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! What handsome guys!! I know that they're going to love hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to start specifying girls soon. I am overloaded on boys! ;)

      Delete
  3. I just requested another correspondent child yesterday, and then this morning I found that I lost one of mine! So it'll even out it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that you lost one of your correspondent children. From hearing from others, it seems that Compassion often "replaces" lost correspondent children. Maybe that means you'll get two new kiddos!

      Delete