Adsense

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

1st Anniversary with Celeste!

On this momentous day in history (haha), I have been sponsoring Celeste for a whole year. I think time has just flown by!

Last June, my friend Amanda, over at Our Compassion Adventure posted several beautiful children from Honduras that were looking for sponsors. She was going to be traveling to Honduras and posted these children because they would be at the projects she would be visiting. After viewing these kids and agonizing about it for a few days, I knew that I needed to sponsor Celeste. Amanda then went to Honduras and brought back stories and pictures of her. Love!

For the last year, I have been blessed to call this little girl a member of my family.

 
 
Over the last year, I have received four letters from Celeste. I want to share some of my favorite parts/quotes from these letters:
 
 
"I like to read the bible and other important books and play dolls with my classmates."

"My favorite verse is Psalm 91 because it talks about trusting God and that we be safe in him"
 
I" hope that the grace of God reigns in your home always."
 
"It seems that math gives problems to everyone because it also gives me problems."
 
"And let me tell you that you need to learn more about God because he is real and my tutor says that without God we are nothing and the has given his life." 



No comments:

Post a Comment