Lately, it seems that I have been jumping on my blog bandwagons. But I like it. Like everyone else, I will now review my year. This has been a year of SO MANY changes. I can't even believe how much God has done in my life.
- I went on a wonderful trip to New Orleans with my friends. I did many new things like eat frog legs and friend alligator, listen to and fall in love with zydeco music, went on an historical tour of the city, and I played music in an amazing cathedral!
- I started, endured, and finished my student teaching process. Those three months were some of my greatest months of the year. I fell in love with teaching PreK. Those 20 kids with rough families, family members in jail, behavior problems, speaking words I never thought a four year old would know, were some of the greatest kids I've ever met. The teachers I worked with gave me hope for the educational future.
- I graduated college! Four years of college seemed to just fly by.
- I got my first teaching job! While it isn't my ideal job, I have fallen in love with it. It's a preschool program in a daycare, so I don't get any holidays (no summer break, no winter break, no spring break) and I work until 5:30 everyday, but at least I am teaching preschoolers and we seem to be learning a lot.
- I moved out of my parents house. I have my own apartment. I am loving living by myself. Nobody to answer to, nobody to get in the way of what I want to do.
- I totaled my completely paid off, low milage car. It was a devestating thing for me because I didn't have to worry about that expense. I absolutely had to buy another car. It's a car that is worse than the one I previously owned, but it's the only thing I could afford.
- I went from sponsoring one child with WV to sponsoring two children through WV, and corresponding with three CI children. I am just so happy. God is amazing. My kiddos are amazing. I can't wait until the letter drought ends and I start to hear from them on a more regular basis. I have for sure sent them a lot of letters already. I just so in love with these five children.
There you have it. My year.