Adsense

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christ is Coming

This year, for whatever reason, I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.

Maybe it's because my first ever apartment is hardly decorated.

Maybe it's because it's my first year teaching and in order to teach about Christmas, we also have to teach Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, which I had to research to learn more about.

Maybe it's because I don't have an advent calendar of any kind.

Maybe it's because I'm feeling distant from my family now that I live on my own...even though my family only lives a 15 minute drive away.

Maybe it's because I don't have a lot of money to buy gifts to show my love to my family this year.

Maybe it's because I just haven't embraced Christmas like I usually do.

Last year, I felt so much love, so much excitement counting down until the birth of Christ, I prayed for the coming of Christ, I thought about life from the point of view of Mary, of Joseph, of the angel Gabriel, of the wisemen. I made cookies, I wrapped presents, I spent a month at home with my family listening to Christmas music.

I don't know what I'm trying to say.

I want to find the Christmas spirit again!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I've desired to try and keep my focus on the true meaning of Christmas, I too have felt a struggle to truly find the spirit of Christmas. I've even cut back on gift buying and have made some of my gifts, but my prayer too, is that as the days approach towards Christmas, that Christ would shine true in the celebration :)

    ReplyDelete