Adsense

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Praise






Today I am praising God for these four wonderful children. I am not sure where my life would be if I didn't have these children to love and encourage. Today, I wanted to tell you a little bit more about them.

Abu-Bakarr- Abu-Bakarr is 9 years old and he lives in Sierra Leone. He is my first ever sponsored child. I began sponsoring him February of 2008. I was a freshmen in college. I had absolutely no job, except for in the summer. Whatever money I made in the summer was what I had for the entire school year. But, God told me that this is what I supposed to do and he lead me a beautiful 6 year old boy with very sad eyes and his bottom lip sticking out. I am going on four years of sponsorship of him and he's about to turn 10 years old. I am so glad that I get to spend his "double digit" years with him.


Meena- This year, I found out about Compassion's correspondence program. I was immediately drawn to this program because I was not in place (or so I thought) to financially sponsor another child. I sent Compassion an email and was paired up with beautiful Meena  on October 6th, 2011. She is 16 years old and lives in Southern India. I have already received a letter from her. She writes beautifully in English and she wants to be an archeologist! She is so smart. I hope she fulfills all of her dreams.

Freily- After only have been paired up with Meena for two weeks, I sent Compassion an email telling them that I wanted another child to correspond with. On November 1st, 2011, I was paired with handsome Freily. He is 9 years old and he's from Domincan Republic. I have not received a letter from him yet so I don't know much about him yet, so I will keep you posted!

Xhuliano- If you follow my blog posts at all, you'll know how big of a struggle it was for me to "decide" to sponsor another child. God was telling me I could and the world was telling me that I could not. However, like always, God won the war and I sponsored precious Xhuliano from Albania. Xhuliano is almost 11 years old and he lives with both of his parents and his two sisters. That's about all I know about him for now. I can't wait to receive my first letter from him!


Now there you have it. My four sponsored children. Tell me about yours!

1 comment:

  1. They are blessed to have you :) Such beautiful kids :)

    My sponser kids are: Esperance (My only World Vision child, the others are through Compassion) She's my 9 year old from Rwanda and was my first sponser child... I started sponsering her when she was 5. Where does time go?

    Then there are Linda and Irene. Irene is my newest, just added her this morning actually. Both girls are 8. Linda lives in Peru and Irene lives in Kenya.

    And then I also have some through the Correspondance program like you... They are Pince Girl age 12 from Indonesia), Keila (Girl age 10 from Bolivia), Chris (Boy age 9 from Indonesia) and Kajal (Girl age 9 from India)

    ReplyDelete