Adsense

Friday, March 31, 2017

Favorite Activities from Colombia!

My Colombian kids used to write me faithfully every 2 months, but things have really been slowed down over the last year. I last heard from them 4 months ago and before then, it had been 5 months since the last letter. I hope that now that the updates are completed, things will start to improve.

However, if there is anything I appreciate about Colombia, it's that every project in the country (I have compared to other sponsors, as well) writes on the same topic each time. So, all three of these letters share about what my kids enjoy doing It's so great to know my kids this way.

First I will start with the letter from Jonatan. His letter is shorter than usual, but still has a few good items of information. Whenever one of my children write a short letter, I imagine them sitting at a table writing a letter, really wanting to go off and play or sing or do art or something else fun. I personally love it!

Jonatan is 9 years old. His letter is dated February 6th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Beloved sponsor, may God bless you! I am very grateful to you for all the beautiful letters you send to me. In response to your last questions; I am doing quite well in school. I am very grateful to God that my parents are well. All my siblings are content and enjoying good health. In my free time, I enjoy playing on the tablet. I bid you farewell wishing you much success in your daily tasks. Sending lots of kisses and hugs your way. I want to give you the biblical promise in Nehemiah 8:10. 

Jonatan

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto the letter from my little man Daniel, who attends the same project as Jonatan. He has always written long, detailed letters and I basically love everything about that. :)

Daniel is 11 years old and he wrote his letter on February 7th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

I send my greetings and a big hug for you and your family. Today I want to share about the activities I do for fun. In my free time I like to play soccer and dodgeball, and sleep in. Sports are among my favorite activities, such as swimming, jumping, and going for rides on my bike. I also take time to rest and relax, read, and sing. When I am here at the Compassion project, I like solving word search games, painting, making arts and crafts, playing musical instruments, and participating in the educational field trips. I usually spend most of my time with my siblings, close friends, and my family. When I'm bored, I watch television, usually a channel called Senal Colombia. One activity that I find to be a lot of fun is going down to the river to fish with my dad and my siblings. I want to thank you for all the letters you have written to me. You have a beautiful family and I pray for God to bless you each day. Please keep my family and me in your prayers, as well. This year I am studying at a mega school where there are approximately 8,000 students. In my classroom alone, there are 41 students. I want to share this bible verse with you: Isaiah 43:10. Farewell with a hug and a kiss for you, with much love and affection. 

Daniel

_________________________________________________________________________________

And now I end with beauty. ;) A letter from Lina. She is a girl after my own heart telling me that her favorite activity is sleeping. I also love to sleep. I take a nap whenever I can snag one.

Lina is 18 years old. She wrote this letter on February 10th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope that you and your family are well. I am very happy because my grandma came to spend Christmas with us. Changing the subject, I'd like to tell you that in my spare time I really like to read and listen to music. Those are just two of my favorite hobbies. I'd also like to tell you that my favorite activity is sleeping. I also want you to know that at the project, I really enjoy learning about God everyday. When I am outside the project, I really enjoy being with my friends. But what I like to do the most is play with my sister. When I am bored I watch TV. I'd like to tell you that I did great in school and made it to 11th grade. I ask you to please continue supporting me with your prayers so that everything goes well for me. I'd like to know, could you write a letter to my sister Luisa? Thank you for your monthly contribution and for the gift you send every year. I hope someday I can meet you personally. I want to ask you to please pray for my uncle because he is going through a difficult situation. I want to share with you Psalm 16:7-11. 

Lina 

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment