Adsense

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Four More Letters, AKA I Have So Many Letters to Respond To!

So far this month, I have received 14 letters. Last month, I received 21 letters. I have responded to a total of...zero of them. With my crazy work schedule lately, and the fact that I've been extra addicted to playing online games lately (oops), my letter response time has dropped down. However, I have tomorrow off work and will get all 35 letters responded to. I always have such a good time responding to my kids' letters and, as you have read recently, these letters are so good! I have so many details to respond to and questions to answer. I'll return back to age order again, for this post.

First up, a letter from Agness. She is such a sweet girl. I hope to have many great years of writing to her.

Agness is 13 years old and lives in Tanzania. Her letter is dated February 18th, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I hope that you are fine and healthy. The aim of this letter is to greet you and say thank you for the nice letter that you sent me. I like to tell you that I celebrated well during Christmas. I am doing well in my studies at both school and the center. During the celebration, we went to church and then back home. At the center, we were happy to celebrate with our friends. MC was the fellow student. (I am not sure what this means). He guided us well. This was happy moment for all of us. I don't have more to say. May God bless your nation. 

Love,
Agness

_________________________________________________________________________________


I received another letter from Erick, which is awesome, considering I just heard from him at the end of February. You go, Erick! In this letter, he is answering several of the questions I've asked in past letters.

Erick is 14 years old and lives in Honduras. He wrote this letter on February 15th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Hello Dear Kayla, 

I am happy to write to you. I received your letters and they are beautiful. I really like the decorated photograph. I like the parable you shared with me. It says that God forgives us even when we are against him. I am glad to know that you had the blessing with your favorite band. The photographs look very nice. I love God as well and he blesses us. Kayla you are very beautiful and your work seems fun. Give my greetings to Gage and Chloe. They look very nice next to you. Thank you for the postcards. I am glad to know that you were able to celebrate your grandfather's birthday. You look very happy as a family. I'll tell you about me. My name is Erick and I live with my grandmother and my three sisters; Isbeny, Jenny, and Marbella. I like to play with my friends. My neighborhood is very beautiful and is located in Danli. People call Danli the city of neighborhoods, because it has many. My house is made of concrete blocks. I sleep in my own bed and I share my room with my sisters. We do have electric energy and clean water. People here work in the cigar and fabric factories or in building. Compassion helps kids who lives in poverty. They gives us school supplies and celebrate our birthdays. Many people here travel, but I don't know how many. Our project has 343 kids, from age 3 to 18. Would you like to visit the place where I live? Do you think it is interesting what I am telling you? Please pray for me. I will pray for you. 

Erick


________________________________________________________________________________

Following that, another letter from the same country! I have been writing to Carlos for going on four years now. I just love him so much!

Carlos is 16 years old and lives in Honduras. Like my other recent Honduran letters, this letter was written on February 15th, 2017. That must have been letter writing day across the country.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I am doing well with good health, thanks to God. My family is also in good health and greet you with great affection. I'm very glad every time that you write to me. I want to tell you that I have learned to share with others. In my spiritual area, I have learned to pray and read the bible. I have also learned to brush my teeth, wash my hands, and take a bath every day, to be obedient, timely, and responsible. What I like most about what I have learned at the project is that God loves me. I want to thank you for always supporting me. Many thanks for the letter that I received. Thank you for the Christmas gift. I ask you to always pray for my life. I would like to know, how is the weather in your country? I say goodbye with a hug. 

Carlos



_______________________________________________________________________________

Last up, a letter from my man Joel. This is the very first letter that I have received from him. For me, the relationship has officially started. 

Joel is 16 years old and lives in Mexico. This letter is dated January 7th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor, 

I want to tell you about me. I finished the third period at school and I struggled a little bit, but I did it. On the holidays, I went to the sea with my uncles. They are pastors. I also went with some uncles from Monterrey and we spent a good time in the New Year. My dad was a little sick because he ate too much. He spent the Christmas break sleeping and didn't notice when the New Year started. I hope to do better at school this year, with my friends. Please pray for my studies, my family, and my sister, who is in college. I would like to ask you, what is it like there, in this season? I want to thank you for being my sponsor and for trusting me. 

________________________________________________________________________________ 



No comments:

Post a Comment