Adsense

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Lots of Letters: Part One!

In the past two days alone, I have received 11 letters! Holy cow! The constant email notifications have been so exciting!

Don't worry, I will not be sharing 11 letters with you in this post, for reasons 1. I don't want to make you read that many letters in one post and 2. I really don't want to type that many letters at a time.

I will be sharing 5 letters in this post and will write another post this week with 6 letters. Those are still long posts, but I don't want to make too many posts, in case I get more letters, which would be great!

I usually go in age order, but I am going to post the letters in order of the emails that I got. Oddly, this also happens to be in alphabetical order.

First up, a letter from Airin. I was surprised to hear from her again so soon, after just receiving a letter from her a few weeks okay. She wrote this letter about the Festivals and Holidays template.

Airin is 7 years old and live in Indonesia. Her letter is dated January 19th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. Our national festivals and holidays are: Christmas, Idul Fitri, Easter. 

2. My favorite festival/holiday is: Easter

3. My family celebrates my favorite holiday/festival: Very simply

4. My favorite foods to eat during celebrations are: Cookies

5. At the project, we celebrate Christmas: Cheerfully with friends

6. My family celebrates New Year: Very Simply

7. At the project, we celebrate the New Year: Cheerfully 

Dear My Sponsor Mama Kayla, 

Shalom. Thank you for your letter. I am fine here. I hope you and your family are well. Here, I celebrated Christmas with my family. We also celebrated Christmas cheerfully at the project. I am so happy. I enjoyed the holiday in my grandmother's house with my father and mother for a week. We also had a New Year celebration in the project. May love and grace from the Lord Jesus be with us. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now a short letter from my boy Dagim. This guy has been slow to open up, but is really starting to open up and answer my questions. I have a feeling is such a sweet boy in person. 

Dagim is 9 years old and lives in Ethiopia. He wrote his letter on January 18th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? I am fine. I am learning my education well for you, my sponsor. I got your letter. Thank you so much. I am so glad. Orange is my favorite fruit. Cake is my favorite sweet food. I like to be inside the house during sunny weather. I wash my face when I wake up early in the morning. I like to play football. I love you and goodbye until my next letter. 

Your Child in Christ, 
Dagim 


_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Haji. This letter makes me laugh because it basically just ends abruptly. I came almost picture him sitting at a table at his project, writing his letter, when a group of friends from outside call to Haji to come out and play soccer. Haji doesn't even sign his letter, just turns it in and runs out the door. I hope he had fun. :) 

Haji is 14 years old and lives in Tanzania. His letter is dated February 1st, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus. I hope you are doing fine, as well as your family. I am also fine and proceed well with my studies. My family is also doing great and has greeted you. Please pray for my studies so that I may perform well. I pray for you that God will bless you and your work. Every Saturday I go to the center and there I learn different things, as well as the word of God. We learn different games. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Jhayra. She wrote a whole letter about celebrations! 

Jhayra is 10 years old and lives in Peru. Her letter is dated December 10th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. I thank you for the letter you have sent to me. I answer your questions: My birthday was celebrated. In my country, we celebrate birthdays we cake, pinata, and with friends and family. We celebrated my church's and Compassion's anniversary. We went to fly kites and went for a walk. We had a competition on how to assemble houses made of Popsicle sticks. 

Jhayra

________________________________________________________________________________

My last letter for today is from Ronaldo. I've said it before and I'm sure I will say it many times in the future; my teen and adult boys write such great letters! 

Ronaldo is 19 years old and is from Colombia. His letter was written on November 23rd, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I wish God will continue blessing you. I am happy to write to you and tell you that my hobbies are playing soccer and listening to music. I share these with my closest friends. But my favorite hobby is soccer. I also want you to know that I have pets, which are a parrot, he does not have a name, a cat named Silvestre, and two dogs named Negra and Blanca. Do you have pets? At home, we are happy with all of these animals. I want to thank you for the letter you sent to me. Answering your questions, if I could have a whole day to do whatever I want, I would make the most of it and I would visit my grandparents. They live in a nearby town. Also, if I had money to spend on anything, I would invest in my studies. My country's Independence Day is July 20th. I wish you will continue praying for me. I give you the bible verse Isaiah 40:31. 

With Hugs,
Ronaldo

_______________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment