Adsense

Friday, March 17, 2017

Letters from a Little Kid and a Big Kid

I have two letters to share with you today. One letter from a sweet little one and another letter from one of my oldest young men. I so love having kids at both ends of the age spectrum (and in the middle!). It's so fun to write to children of all ages.

I will start with the letter from my little girl Carolin. She wrote this letter on the My Project template, so it's fun to learn a little bit more about her life at her Compassion project. In a past letter, Carolin told me about her three best friends Emily, Camila, and Sara. I asked her how old they are. She is answering me in this letter.

Carolin is 5 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. Her letter is dated January 24th, 2017.

_________________________________________________________________________________



1 My project name is: Children in Christ Child Development Center. 

2. I got to my project 2 days per week. 

3. The name of my tutor is: Rosa Emilia 

4. When I am at my project, I typically eat: Rice & meat and oatmeal 

5. Typical activities I do at my project are: Listen to Bible stories. 

Dear Kayla, 

The girl hopes God continues blessing you. She thanks you for your letter. Emily is 4 years old, Sara is 5 years old, and Camila is 6 years old. They are in the same project. Sara and Camila are also in the same school as Carolin. Please pray for her family. See you soon. 


_______________________________________________________________________________

The other letter I share today is from Ronaldo. If that name sounds super familiar, it's because I just shared a letter that I received from his this month. Another letter in the same two week time period is definitely a wonderful surprise! In this letter, he is responding to a few letters that I've written to him and answering some of my questions. I love this guy! 

Ronaldo is 20 years old and is from Colombia. His letter is dated February 7th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Lovely Kayla, 

How are you? I am happy to write to you. Your pictures are beautiful. I thank you for the present of your favorite athletes of my country. (I told him that my favorite soccer team is the Colombian national team. I think this is what he is talking about). It is late to congratulate your grandfather on his birthday. I tell you that Hector is younger than me. In my free time, I like playing soccer with him and my friends. This is my favorite activity. When I am not in the project, I enjoy reading language books. When I am in the project, I like playing video games and I like listening to God's music. Sometimes I don't feel so good, so I watch TV. I forgot to tell you that Hector is 10 years old and he is playful. I ask you to pray for me. I very much love my brother! You look like an angel with your toy Mickey Mouse. One thing I like is doing tricks with a ball and challenging my friends. Have you ever played soccer? In these days, it was my birthday and I received beautiful pictures of your family. Don't forget you are special to me. Think about this Bible verse, Romans 13:1, "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God." God has the control, Kayla, and he will watch over you and your family. 

Ronaldo

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment