Adsense

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Two Letters from Eric!

It's always so great to hear from my "Little Brother"! If you have been around my blog for a long time, you know all about Eric. I first started writing to him in 2011, among three of my very first correspondent children, that I started writing to at the end of the year. When I was assigned to him, he was 16 years old and I was 23. I told him that he was like a younger brother to me and in some letters, he referred to me as his older sister.

Well, I am so proud of my younger brother! When I first was assigned to him, he was 16 years old and only in 4th grade. After receiving his  very first letter, I found out that he could barely write or read. Over the last five years, Eric has dramatically improved and was able to graduate from 8th grade. His handwriting is even better than mine now (which really isn't too hard to do, as my handwriting is terrible). He has been enrolled in a vocational program to learn construction skills and seems to be doing well.

Eric will graduate from the Compassion project this August and I hope to be able to stay in touch with him somehow. If not, I just know that I will really miss him.

Last month, Eric wrote me two letters and it's such a joy to hear him doing so well. It seems his family members are doing well too. His mother recently had some illness that was affecting her legs eyesight. I am so glad to hear that she is improving.

Eric is 21 years old and lives in Uganda. This first letter is dated February 1st, 2017.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear My Friend Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord. I hope that you are fine. I am also doing well. I am happy to write to you again. Thank you for the letters you wrote to me. They encourage me so much. My mother has improved. She can walk and do some simple work. I thank God so much. I am doing well in my course. I can work with others to set up a reasonable house. I hope by the time I finish the course I will be a good builder. Thank you for supporting me. I am praying that God will bless the work of your hands. Thank you for loving God and singing for him with your friends. I love singing for God too. He deserves praise and worship. God bless you. 

Your Friend, 
Eric

________________________________________________________________________________

The second letter was written on February 15th, 2017. I think my favorite part of this letter is that Eric's friend Brian greets me too. :) 

________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of Jesus. How are you, my dear friend? For me, I am okay. I am so happy to write to you again. Here at our place, life is okay. We have fresh maize and beans. We are also planting Irish potatoes. How is your life? My mother greets me so much. My brother Moses is studying well. He is in Primary Five. I am also studying well. I am soon finishing my course. I am working hard at school. Thank you for writing to me. I received the letters. I am happy to know that you celebrated your grandfather's 80th birthday. Thank you for the photos you sent to me of your family members. How are Chloe and Gage? Thank you for sending me their photos too. Thank you for sending me the scripture Ezekiel chapter 37. I like the story and I learned that God is powerful. He is able to save us and make us useful in life. How was your Christmas? For us, we enjoyed it. We had a Christmas party at our project. We ate good food like rice, meat, and cake. We also had sodas. At home, we also a nice time. Greetings from my friend Brian. He is fine and we share a lot. My construction training is going on well. God bless you. 

Eric

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment