Adsense

Sunday, December 16, 2012

See Your Impact Results: December 2012

I wasn't able to donate to See Your Impact in November due to lack of funds/spending too much money on things I don't really need and Christmas gifts for my family. You know how it goes, right?

However, this month, while I finished buying presents for my family, I also came across some unexpected money that was a huge blessing to me. I decided that it was time to jump back on the See Your Impact bandwagon, because seriously, I love this organization.

If you haven't read my other posts about this company, I'll give you a rundown. If you click here (See Your Impact) you will be taken to the website. There, you can search through hundreds of causes. New causes are added every month and it's so fun to search through them. I am often led to the ways that I can help women and children in India, as that is where my heart seems to lie. Anyway, after you choose your cause and donate your money, the wait begins. A couple weeks or so later, you'll receive a picture and information in an email, showing you exactly who you helped with the money that you donated.

It's really qiute amazing.

This month, I donated $15 so a young woman in India could receive a six month tailoring course. Combining my $15 with three other donors, the course could be purchased. I am firm believer in teaching people income-generating skills so they can provide for themselves and their family in healthy and legal ways. Here's the story I was given this month:


 
 

Komal will soon be independent

Dear Kate, Kristin and Craig, and Kayla,

Thank you for coming together to give Komal a career.

Komal is sixteen years old and lives in Anoopshahar in India. Her father, Shahi Singh is a Serviceman, and her mother, Mamta Devi is a housewife. She has one brother.

Komal is going through a six month tailoring course at Pardada Pardadi School, at the end of which she will find employment, and be economically self sufficient.

Thank you for giving her a life of dignity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment