Adsense

Monday, December 31, 2012

Letters to My Kids: December 2012

Each month, I like to share the letters that I send to my sponsored children.

This month, I wrote two letters to my kiddos. I wrote one about how God cares for the birds, based on the bible verse and I wrote one about Easter. The Easter one will probably get there early, but I'm really okay with that. Here are the letters:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

I wanted to share this verse with you because I read it recently when I was reading the bible. I really like this verse because it teaches me that God is always watching over me and is in control of my life.

Sometimes it is hard to trust that God will give us everything that we need. Sometimes we have to learn what the difference is between things we would like to have and things that we really need. I believe that God will provide everything we need in life to survive, especially if we pray for it If we pray that God wil lprovide us food, water, and other things we need, I believe that he will watch out for us.

Like the bible verse says, God gives the birds a place to live and food to eat and they don't have to ask or to worry. The birds know that God will provide for them. The verse says that people are much more important and valuable to God than birds. God loves us very much and always wants for best for us.

Lately, God has been been providing for me and my family. My stepfather is no longer working at his job and my family has been worried. Through prayer, God has been providing everything my family needs and we are not worried anymore.

How has God been providing for your family?

Is there anything I can pray for you or your family about? I always like to pray for you.

Love,
Kayla


___________________________________________________________________________________

I greet you in the wonderful name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that when you read this letter you are happy and that your family is doing well. I pray for you, your siblings, your father, and your mother everday. I also pray for the staff at your project and the other children.

Today I want to write to you about Easter. I know that you will learn all about Easter at your project, but I want to tell you what Easter means to me and how I celebrate it with my family. To me, Easter is one of the most important holidays for followers of Christ. After peforming many miracles and helping many people, Jesus was arrested because people did not believe that he was the Son of God. AfterJesus was arrested, he was beaten and sent to the cross to die. It makes me very sad to think about Jesus dying. But, after only three days, Jesus rose from the dead! A true miracle! I believe that Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of our sins. Sins are mistakes that all people make. No matter what mistake we make, we can ask God to forgive us and he will. Jesus made all of our sins better when he died and rose again. Do you believe that Jesus saved us all?

In 2013, Easter is on Sunday, March 31st. On Good Friday, March 29th, I will read Mark 15. This is the passage that talks about Jesus's arrest, death, and burial. This is the sad part of the story. However, on Easter Sunday I will read Mark 16, which tells about how Jesus rose from the dead and talked to people, before going to heaven. After reading that passage, I will spend the morning at church, hearing my pastor talk about Jesus's ressurection. There will be much happiness and celebration on that day! After church, I will get together with my family to have a special meal to celebrate that Jesus died and rose again to save us all.


Love,
Kayla

___________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment