Adsense

Friday, November 30, 2012

Letters to My Kids: November 2012

Each month, I like to share the letters that I send to my sponsored children. This month, I wrote two letters.

At the beginning of the month, I wrote about the autumn season and some of the things that I had been doing to enjoy the cooler weather and the season. I included pictures of trees with changing leaves, a bonfire I went to, and a picture of my class on our field trip to the farm. I hope the kids love them! Here's what I wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here where I live, the weather is getting colder. We are now in a season that we call autumn. It is cooler in temperature than in the summer, but it not yet snowing or bitter cold. I really like the season of autumn.

One of my favorite things about fall are all of the beautiful colors that show up in nature. The leaves on the trees, which were once green, start to turn bright colors like orange, yellow, and red. Everything looks so beautiful! I love to go outside and walk around looking at all of the pretty colors. The air even smells different in autumn. The air smells more crisp and fresh. Autumn makes me very happy.

One of my favorite things to do during the season of autumn is have a bonfire with my friends. We like to choose a night and get together at one of our homes. We pile up a lot of firewood and light a fire. It is very nice to sit around a warm fire on a cold night. While we are sitting around the fire, we like to tell each other stories about how our days are going and about our families. One of our favorite things to do when we have a fire is to cook marshmallows on the fire. A marshmallow is a sticky, sweet treat. When it's cooked over the fire it starts to melt and tastes very good. You can see a picture of a marshmallow cooking on a fire on the bottom of this page.

A few weeks ago, I took my class of students on a field trip to a farm. Farms are a fun place to visit in autumn because that is when most things where I live are being harvested. It was fun to go with my students to see some of these fruits and vegetables being harvested. We also got to see and touch animals like goats, cows, sheep, chickens, and rabbits. The children also had time to play and run around in the fresh air. We had a wonderful time on our field trip. I included a picture of my class at the farm on this page. I hope you like seeing my class!

I hope you liked hearing about what I'm doing this season.

Love, Kayla


__________________________________________________________________________________


The other letter that I wrote was about Valentine's Day. It was written letter, so I don't have the exact words that I chose to write out, but I basically explained what Valentine's Day and I told each child about how much I love them and what things I love about them. I sent each child a card that they can write out and give to somebody that they love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment