Adsense

Monday, November 26, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Today, November 26th, marks my one year anniversary with my dear boy, Xhuliano.

It was one year ago, today, that my agonizing decision of sponsoring a 2nd child came to an end. After seeing a handsome Albanian boy with serious eyes, praying about it for several days, and deciding whether or not it was a good idea, I sponsored Xhuliano.

I couldn't be happier with that choice.

Xhuliano is one of my best letter writers. He writes at least once a month, sometimes twice, and these letters are not ordinary or boring letters in any manner. They are long, detailed, and full of extreme amounts of love and sweetness.

I feel as if I am truly a part of his family and he is a part of mine.

I am just so in love with this 11, almost 12, year old boy.

I hope we have many more years together.

In the last year, I've gotten 3 pictures of Xhuliano.


 
The picture that lead me to sponsor Xhuliano
 
 
Xhuliano's Updated Picture for 2012

 
The picture Xhuliano sent showing me what he bought with some money I sent him
 
 
 
 
 Here are some of my favorite quotes from him:
 
"Hope to receive a letter from you very soon! I wish you luck in your life."
 
"In Albania, we have a tradition on the first of January if somebody comes in our house on the first, that means that they year will be great. I took your letter that day. "
 
" I do all my homework because my teacher, like you, says that it is important"
 
"I cover myself with the blanket you sent and I feel the warmness as in the moment I get letters from you."
 
"I am very happy since the day I met a wonderful friend like you and I love you with my whole heart"
 
"Here we celebrate Teacher's Day, that is on March 7th. Hapyy March 7th, my friend! If you were here I would give flowers to you."
 
"I think of you everyday and you are my unforgettable friend."
 
"Thank you with all of my heart, my dear friend. I wish you a good school year."
 
"I am happy to have got the possibility to have such a wonderful friend that expresses such good words about me and my family and will always be a friend to our family"

2 comments:

  1. Kris (georgedarling)November 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM

    Xhuliano is a gifted writer already! His descritions of Albania are amazing. It is hard to believe he is eleven until I look at the impish grins in his photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you went through and read his letters? The way he uses words to paint pictures is truly amazing. I agree with you, I always think of him as older and then I see his young face. His grins crack me up. I hope he stays happy in all of his photos!

      Delete