Adsense

Friday, August 3, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 7

Happy Friday. Let's get the ball rolling with our first letter...

It comes from Cedrick, who is writing to me on the My School template. The portion of the letter that he wrote cracks me up because awhile back, I wrote to all of my kids and shared with the them the story of the Ugly Duckling. Cedrick refers to the story about the "evil ducks" and you know, I can't think of a better way to describe that story. ;) 

Cedrick is 8 years old, from Rwanda, and he wrote this letter on June 18th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. I am in: Primary 2 

2. My school is: 1 km from my home

3. I get to school: On foot

4. My school uniform is: Green & Blue

5. My favorite school subject is: Mathematics 

6. After school, I like to: Fetch water & feed livestock 

Dear Kayla, 

Your sponsored child Cedrick and his family greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. How are you? Here we are doing well and we thank you for the letter you wrote to him, telling him the story of the troll and the goats, as well as the story about the evil ducks. He learned moral lessons from them. He was very pleased with the singing drawing that you sent him. We thank you so much for loving him. We wish you the peace of God and blessings. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now we head to the Northeast for a little while, while we leave Rwanda and head to Ethiopia. That brings us to a letter from Milkias. I just love when my kids show interest in the child that I paired them up with. It really warms my heart. 

Milkias is 13 years old. His letter is dated April 12th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

My greeting reaches you, my supporter. How are you? Is your family fine? Thanks to God, I am fine. I spent Easter holiday in good condition. I have received the letter you sent to me. Is my friend Jule fine? How much did he score in first semester? You asked me to send you my photo, so I have sent it. (Unfortunately, this letter did not come with a photo). Until we see each other again, I say goodbye. I send you regards. 

Your Son,
Milkias

________________________________________________________________________________

We jet over to a new continent now and we read a letter from Marinelis. She's such a precious young lady. It sounds like she was in the middle of her final exams as she wrote this letter. Sounds like she was doing well. Go Marinelis! 

Marinelis is 15 years old, is from the Dominican Republic, and her letter is dated June 9th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you and your family? How is the weather there? The weather here is very hot. What is your favorite fruit? My favorite fruit is green apple. Do you like to go to the beach? I love to, but I don't have much time to go. I like to sing. I really like to watch TV. I also really like to eat, which I must do for the medicine that I'm taking. I passed all of my subject tests. I have my English test left. I will take it on June 12th. 

With Love,
Marinelis

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now I will share a letter from Ronaldo, who is currently my oldest correspondent child. He's such a joy to share letters with. Just an old around great young man. 

Ronaldo is 21 years old, he lives in Colombia, and he wrote this letter on June 26th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? May God bless you. I am glad to write to you. I have in my hands four letters from you, which include the stories of Goldilocks, Little Red Riding Hood, and an update of my friend Lemayian. Thank you for the photos and pictures to color. I tell you that someday I would like to visit Kenya and meet Lemayian. I would like to do a charity gesture for him and his family and to teach him about what I have studied. Also I wish you were there too so the three of us could have fun together. Currently I am studying Health Management and soon I will be a professional. I would like to be one of those people who help in rescue brigades. One of my plans for the future is to help my brother financially, so he can attend university. I also hope to help my family in other ways. I would like to know if you send Lemayian the same stories that you send me. Please, could you tell him the story of The Lying Shepherd? You do know that story, right? I ask you to please keep my project in your prayers. I want you to know that both you and Lemayian are in my prayers. 

Ronaldo Jose

________________________________________________________________________________

That brings us to our last letter of today. This one is from my name twin. :) She is writing to me on the template titled My Favorites. 

Keyla is 8 years old, from Ecuador, and she wrote this letter on June 12th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite sport is: Soccer 

2. My favorite food is: Shrimp Ceviche

3. My best friend's name is: Alison

4. I want to thank you for: The money you sent to me. I bought shoes with it. 

5. Please pray for: My brother David who moved to another country and for my father, so that God may bless him. 

I also want to say thank you for the letters; for the details that you sent me. We had a beautiful part on Children's Day. We went swimming in a swimming pool at a camp. It was so fun. My favorite animal is cats. 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment