Adsense

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 10

Ahhh! It's Tuesday!!

Only two more days until preschool open house!

How will I get everything done?!

I have no idea.

So let's type up letters instead.

Letters always make me feel better.

Today's first letter comes from a cute Thai boy named Tern. He wrote to me on the My Typical Week template.

Tern is 6 years old, lives in Thailand, and wrote this letter on July 15th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________



1. I typically get up at: 6:00 a.m 
     and go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m

2. In the morning I usually: Brush my teeth and take a bath

3. My favorite day of the week is: Saturday & Sunday because there is no school 

4. I go to the project on: Saturday 

5. My favorite activity to do during the weekend is: Play with friends 

6. In the afternoon, I typically: Do my homework 


Dear Kayla, 

How have you been? It is time for Tern to write to you again. I am his aunt. I am writing on behalf of him because he can't write on his own yet. Thank you for your letter and fairytale story. The tale taught us not to lie. He likes to go cycling on the farm with his grandmother to feed their chickens. His grandfather caught a lot of fish while fishing because there are a lot of fish after it rains. He helps his grandparents do many things, especially housework. He likes to go cycling with his friends. Do you like cycling? There is a campaign in Thailand about cycling to save energy. It is also a good way to exercise. Last month, he had the chance to attend an anti-corruption event too. Please pray for his parents who work in the city and also for his studies. May God bless you. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next is a letter from Carlos. At this point, every letter from him is just a blessing. I can't believe he's going to graduate from Compassion just about 5 months. I've been writing to him for so long!

Carlos is 17 years old, lives in Honduras, and his letter is not dated.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Kayla! 

I hope that you are very well in your health and also in your activities. I want to tell you that in my house I sleep in a bed. In my house we get tap water. My house is made of cement blocks, the floor is cement, and the roof is tile. I thank you for the letter you sent me. I want to tell you the story about The Ugly Duckling is very beautiful. It is a funny story and I enjoyed reading it at school. Everything was very nice because we presented our work in July. In this month, The Day of the Indian Lempira is celebrated with a lot of traditional food. What kind of celebrations do you do in your city in July? I want to ask you to pray for me so I can do well in my studies. Also pray for my family. I say goodbye to you with kisses and hugs. Until next time, May God bless you. 

Carlos 

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter from today is from Jule. Poor guy really seems to struggle in school. I do hope that Compassion can help him learn other skills so that he may have a successful future. I seems that even with low grades, it's still considered a "pass." I do wish that teachers wouldn't simply pass students to the next grade if they aren't ready for it. Unfortunately, it seems there are quite a few students doing even worse. Sounds like his school needs some help...

Jule is 14 years old and is from Rwanda. His letter is dated August 7th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I, your child Jule, greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. I appreciate you and your family for your continued care unto me. My family and I are fine. Over the last term, I emerged 22nd in class with marks of 46%. The term before, I was 34th with a score of 42%. There are 49 students in my class. The rainy season is underway in our country. I have started learning how to carry things while riding a bicycle. While at school, I like reading stories whenever I can. I get involved in them to the extent that if you call me, I won't hear you. I thank you for the letter you sent to me, about the beanstalk. This story pleased me so much. From it, I learned to be satisfied with the things I have and not encroaching on others' property. I conclude, wishing you God's blessings. 

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment