Adsense

Friday, August 17, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 9

It's the last day of summer for me and the school age kids.

It's Zoo-Field-Trip Day.

It's Walk-To-The-Bakery-To-Eat-A-Cookie Day.

It's Friday.

Let's start our day with five letters.

Let's start by hearing about Veronika's latest medical checkup.

Veronika is 8 years old, lives in Haiti, and she wrote this letter on June 11th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My last medical checkup was on: March 19th, 2018

2. For my medical checkup, I went to: A mobile clinic 

3. One thing that was done at my medical checkup was: I got an examination and was given medication 

4. This person went with me to my medical checkup: A parent 

5. During my medical checkup I felt: Content, but I was sick

Veronika is happy to write to you today and to greet you in the name of our Savior. How are you and your activities? As for her, she and her family are doing well, thanks to God. She thanks you for your support to her. She will keep praying to God to bless you. She thanks you for the beautiful story of the goats and the troll. Yes, she has a good relationship with her family. No, she has not accepted Jesus as her savior yet. What about you? She shares this Bible verse with you; John 3:14. 

God bless you!

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next letter is up is a chatty one from Daniel, who is telling me about some of his favorite things. I love learning about the things my kiddos love best. It really shows off their personalities.

Daniel is 8 years old and is from Ecuador. His letter is dated June 16th, 2018.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor, 

This time, I want to tell you about some of my favorite things. My favorite sport is soccer. My favorite color is red. My favorite meal is potatoes with chicken. My best friend's name is Juan. The animal I like most is the dog. I want to thank you for sponsoring me and for writing to me. Please pray for my studies in the next new school year. I want to tell you that we are about to finish this school year and I have good grades. 

Daniel

________________________________________________________________________________

The letter in the middle today comes from one of my favorite (they're all my favorite) young men. He's super busy at this point of his life and doesn't write quite as often as he used to, but that just makes each letter that much more of a treasure. 

Jhon is 19 years old, lives in Bolivia, and he wrote this letter on July 18th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. Thank you for the story of the Ugly Duckling. Here in my country, we call it a fairy tale. My mom told me that story when I was 8 years old. The story is nice and it made me remember old days. I want to tell you that we had a sport competition at the project. It started on a Monday and ended on a Wednesday. On the first day, children from 6 to 8 years old played again another project. After that children from 8 to 10 years old, and so on. We won some games and lost some games. There were many observers of the competition because the ones that were not part of the project were not allowed to play. It was nice and we had a nice time, at least I did. My family and I are fine and healthy, thanks to God. I want to tell you that I am studying industrial informatics at an institute. I am in the first semester and I'm doing fine, for now. Please pray for my family and for any sick people. I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord. May God keep you and always take care of you. 

Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from a lovely, young lady from Colombia; Yeidys. This letter makes me chuckle a bit because I get the impression that she has had some bad behavior in school, by the way she talks about her current behavior. I can certainly relate to that. ;) 

Yeidys is 13 years old and her letter is dated July 3rd, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. How are you? May God bless you. I want to tell you about my dreams. I want you to know that someday I would like to go to New York. I would like to travel by plane to Paris. I also would like you to know that I want to be like Karol Sevilla, my favorite actress and singer. I would like to meet you someday and talk to you and know more about you. I also want to thank you in person for choosing me as your sponsored child and I want to give you a kiss and a hug. When I get older, I want to be a civil engineer. I want to help my family with my job because they always support and encourage me and they give me good advice. I also want you to know that I am healthy. Thanks to God, I am doing well in school and I'm behaving myself in school, thanks to God. I want to ask you to pray for me, as I have done for you. Thank you for the letters and pictures you send to me. You look so pretty and your mother too. To say goodbye, I want to share a Bible verse from Proverbs 31:10. 

Yeidys

_________________________________________________________________________________

I end today's list of letters with a letter that comes with fabulous artwork. This letter comes from my girl Rujikorn. If you've been following my blog, you already know that Rujikorn's letters always come with amazing drawings. She really is quite talented. I just love when she draws landscapes of where she lives, which she did in this letter. 

Rujikorn is 14 years old, lives in Thailand, and her letter is dated July 13th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. I am thankful to you for the letter and photo I received from you. I like your storytelling so much. I am really interested in it. My family and I are doing well. I hope that you and everyone in your family are also doing well. I have fun going to school. I have done many entertainment activities with the project. There are sports too. Sometimes my friends and I attend the sports competitions against other projects. It is a lot of fun. I always attend activities at the project. I have learned different things; both in vocational training and spiritual training. It's very useful to me. I go to church every Sunday. My friends and I help lead the church service to give glory to God. I like your stories so much. Thank you for your love and for sharing everything with me. I like every story and the pictures that go along with them. I read them and they make me excited. I am thankful to God for meeting you. You are a person who gives me encouragement. You always pray for me. I would like to ask you to pray for my schooling and my parents' work. I keep you in my prayers always. May God protect you and give you strength always. 

With Love and Regards in Jesus Christ,
Rujikorn


________________________________________________________________________________

























































No comments:

Post a Comment