Adsense

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Letters to My Kids: May, June, July 2018

I'm not sure why I can never write these posts on time, each month. You know, like an organized person. But, it seems that the last time I shared about the letters that I have written to my kids was in April. So we'll play catch up today.

My summer schedule has been crazy busy and I haven't found the time or energy to write more than once a month. So, for the last three months, my kiddos haven't heard anything personal about me, but I've been keeping up with my theme for this year, which was to send a popular children's story to my kids each month. I've been getting HUGE responses to these letters. I know that in many cultures around the world, storytelling is considered a huge pastime and I've really been able to see how many my kids enjoy hearing stories. Some of my kids have even shared popular stories themselves. It's been quite an adventure!

The stories I've chosen typically have to be shrunk down, so many of the details we may know and/or love have been omitted, in order for the story to fit in the space of just one letter. But, I made sure to keep the integrity and moral of the stories intact.

You can click on the photo of each letter to make it big enough to read, if you'd like to copy what I wrote.

In May, I told my kids the story of The Ugly Duckling.





In June, I shared the story of Pinocchio. For photos, I just had to choose stills from the movie, as it's one of my favorites. I chose to leave out the part about Pinocchio and his fellow boys spending time on treasure island and being turned into jackasses. I also left out the part about Pinocchio being swallowed by the big fish. I don't want to scare any of the kiddos...






Lastly, in July, I shared the classic story of Jack and the Beanstalk. There just wasn't enough room for me to include every trip that Jack made up to the giant's castle, so I included just the first one and the trip where he tries to steal the golden harp. Such a good story, I think! 








No comments:

Post a Comment