Adsense

Friday, August 10, 2018

Five Letter Friday: Volume 8

You know the drill by now, don't you? ;)

Today's first letter comes from sweet Acram, who is telling me about his Project Learning. He sounds like he is learning quite a lot for a little guy. That's great!

Acram is 7 years old, lives in Tanzania, and his letter is dated June 29th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my project, I am learning about: Serving God, loving others, cleaning my body, cooperation, and respecting adults. 

2. About my emotions, I am learning: To be calm and control anger

3. About taking care of my body, I have learned: To wash my body, to clean my hair, and to clean my ears. 

4. About being polite and kind, I have learned: To pray, to be calm, and to respect others

5. About jobs people have, I have learned: To sweep and to plant flowers 

Acram is thankful for your letter. He is healthy. He is very happy and loves you. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Up now is a letter from Yeraini. She is also writing to me about things she's learning at her project. The template is titled My Christian Learning. 

Yeraini is 6 years old, is from the Dominican Republic, and her letter is dated June 25th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My favorite Bible story is: The Creation 

2. My favorite Bible verse is: Genesis 1:1 

3. My favorite thing about Jesus is: His love, his forgiveness, his mercy 

4. When I pray to Jesus, I pray about: My family & my sponsor 

5. My favorite song to sing at the project is: Hymn of Victory 

Dear Kayla, 

Yeraini sends her greetings with much love and affection in Christ Jesus. She says she's thankful to you for everything and for your letters. She says that every mother should love her children. She will be praying for Shakilla and for all her friends and tutors at the project. She sends her regards with love. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is a chatty, detail-filled letter from Jhojaira. It's so fun writing to older kids when they learn to write letters better and open up more. 

Jhojaira is 14 years old and is from Peru. She wrote this letter on July 8th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus. I hope you are in good health. Thank you for all the letters you sent me these months. I like to read a lot of the lessons you write to me. I also like to learn something new every day. Let me tell you that I finished my first semester of classes in June and I got first place. I would say that some important events in my family's life happened this month. One of them is that my cousin from Spain came here to Peru and we had some nice moments together. Even though they already left, we are happy to know that they are healthy. How have you been during these last few months? I hope you are doing well and are enjoying these moments along with your family and close friends. I ask you to pray for my older brother who has traveled to another place. I now finish these lines with a big hug. 

Love,
Jhojaira

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Dagim. He is yet another one of my kiddos who is commenting on the stories that I have been sharing. I'm glad I decided to send these stories each month. They really have been a hit. 

Dagim is 10 years old, lives in Ethiopia, and he wrote this letter on May 25th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

How are you? Me and my family are fine. I am happy and thank you for the letter. I am happy to hear Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I have learned that we don't touch other's property without permission. Class is good and we are going to take the 2nd semester exam. Pray for me to get a good grade. It is hot here and summer will start in one week. Is it hot in your country? I love you so much. I say goodbye until we meet in our next letter. 

Yours, 
Dagim

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter for today is from Dedilhomme who is writing to me on the My Medical Check-Up template. 

Dedilhomme is 6 years old, lives in Haiti, and his letter is dated June 28th, 2018. 

________________________________________________________________________________


1. My last medical check-up was on: April 16th, 2018

2. For my medical check-up, I went to: A medical clinic

3. One thing that was done at my medical check-up was: Vital signs 

4. This person went with me to my medical check-up: A parent 

5. During my medical check-up I felt: Happy because the children were moving 


Dedilhomme feels that it is a joy to write to you this letter and greet you in the name of the Lord who has all power. He tells you that he is doing very well, along with his family. He tells that he is on vacation now. He is playing games with friends and reading. He asks what kind of activities you do during your free time. He asks you to help him pray and he will help you pray. He tells you it is very hot here. He likes to eat bread with sliced avocado on it. 

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment