Adsense

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Three Letter Tuesday: Volume 8

It's Tuesday. That means I have three more fabulous letters to share with you!

First up, sweet Djimitri wrote to me and told me about his home. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love these template letters. The chosen themes are just perfect and tell us things we may never have learned without these guided templates.

Djimitri is 7 years old, lives in Togo, and he wrote this letter on July 20th, 2018.

________________________________________________________________________________


1. In my house, I sleep on/in: A mat

2. I get water from: The pipe

3. I get food from: The market

4. My house is made of: Blocks 

5. My house's floor is made of: Cement

6. My house's roof is made of: Zinc

7. Do I have electricity in my house?: Yes 

Thank you for all that you are doing for me. Please pray for my family and my studies.

________________________________________________________________________________

This next letter is from a boy I've had pretty long-term. He's become such a treasured child to me. He went from this shy, not confident boy, who had below average grades in school to this lovely, confident, chatty boy, with above average grades in school. His letters have really been such a great transformation! 

Jonatan is 10 years old, lives in Colombia, and he wrote this letter on July 6th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I greet you with many hugs. I am happy to hear from you and to know that you are fine. My family and I are fine. My father's name is Pedro and my mother's name is Laudis. My sister's name is Viviana and my brother's name is Samuel. My father works selling Avena Cubana (Oatmeal Drink). He prefers to drink it himself, too. Would you like to taste it? Your letters are very beautiful. You tell fantastic stories. I especially liked the one of the beautiful, little duck. That teaches us to not reject anyone even if they are poor, are of African descent, or if they don't have higher education. I would like to meet you someday and hug you tight. I ask you to pray for me. I will pray for you. I send you a beautiful Bible verse, 1 Corinthians 15:51-52. 

Jonatan

________________________________________________________________________________

We close out this post with one last letter from one last sweet boy. This letter is a template letter entitled My Typical Week and it comes to us from Rodrigo. 

Rodrigo is 8 years old and is from Bolivia. His letter is dated July 19th, 2018. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



1. My favorite day of the week is: Saturday because I have more time to play 

2. I typically get up at: 7:00 a.m 

3. I typically go to school at: 7:30 a.m 

4. I go to the project on these days: Thursday, Friday, Saturday 

5. I go to the project at: 12:30 p.m 

6. I typically go to sleep at: 8:00 p.m 

Hello Dear Kayla, 

This is Roxana, Rodrigo's tutor, writing to you. To answer your question, Rodrigo's father works as a security guard in a library and his mother is a housewife. He thanks you for the letter and the story. He liked it a lot. Rodrigo asks you to pray for his health, so that he can heal from his cold. 

Love,
Rodrigo and Roxana

_________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment