Adsense

Friday, May 26, 2017

Type Letter, Be Happy. Repeat.

Apparently I only write in my blog on Fridays now. But seriously, I have a whole bunch of letters to share. No way I will be able to post them all in this one entry, but I can get a chunk typed up.

Do you ever just sit back and think about how happy each and every letter you get makes you? These letters bring me such joy. I love my kids so much!

First up, a letter from Emanise. I went nearly 12 full months to hear from her. Two inquiries later, here is a letter. I am not sure what the hold up was, but I am happy to have it.

Emanise is 17 years old and lives in Haiti. This letter was written on April 22nd, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Nothing is greater than when I take my pen to write to you. How are you doing with your family and activities? As for me, all is going well and my activities are going well, by God's grace. Now I have some questions for you. How is your country doing? How are you church activities and your children? Also, I take this occasion to thank you for all your support towards me during this year. You give me great help and I ask God to protect you during your whole life. I thank you for your support toward me and your letters. I ask you to pray for me and for my family and for my country. I will do the same for you. 

Emanise

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Rodrigo. This particular letter is on the My Hobbies and Pets template. This has been a pretty popular template lately, from various kids in various countries. I think it's a pretty fun template. 

Rodrigo is 7 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote this letter on his 7th birthday, which was April 16th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. The pet I have is: A dog and a cat 

2. My favorite pet is: My dog 

3. My pet's name is: Boby 

4. My favorite thing to do with my pet is: Play 

5. As a pet, I would like to have: Parrot 

Dear Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of Lord Jesus Christ. I am the tutor. My name is Paul. Rodrigo wants to tell you that he is learning to play soccer at the Student Center. I say goodbye wishing you blessings. Please pray for his mom. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from little Daniel. He's not super little, but he's the youngest Daniel that I have. Hence, Little Daniel. He wrote this letter on the My Community template. 

Daniel is 7 years old and is from the Amazon Jungle, in Ecuador. His letter is dated February 21st, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. The name of my community is: Puyo 

2. My community is located in the: Amazon Jungle 

3. The province where I live is: Pastaza 

4. I want to thank you for: Your sponsorship 

5. A common job is my community is: Laborer 

6. And it's about: Fixing and building houses 

7. A common type of transportation in my community is: Buses 

8. I also want to say: I always remember you in my prayers 

9. Please pray for: My studies 

________________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Rebecca, who I have decided is my Super Star. All of my kids are special, of course, but I feel like Rebecca is really a star. She seems to have so many talents and the personality (and the smile) to light up an entire room. 

Rebecca is responding to me asking about her favorite food. For such a young girl, she really seems to know how to make it. I wonder if her dad helped her write this letter. :) 

Rebecca is 9 years old and lives in the Philippines. Her letter was written on April 29th, 2017. 

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Ate Kayla, 

How are you and your family? It is summer here in our place. I do not know what is the coldest temperature here. There is no snow here because we only have two seasons: Wet and Dry. What's the feeling of playing in snow? The lesson I like in math class is division and learning of beautiful places in social studies. I like the food adobo, especially when my father cooks it. This is how you cook it. The ingredients are chicken (or pork), soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and sugar. First, wash the meat. Second, boil the meat with water until it's dry and then get the meat from the pan. Third, marinate the meat with vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bell pepper, and pepper. Fourth, saute the garlic and onion. Fifth, pour the marinated meat and its sauce into a pan. Boil it until the meat gets tender. Flavor according to taste. Last, add the pepper leaves and sugar. Serve with rice. Thank you so much for your time in writing to me. I hope I can receive more letters from you because it is a joy to write letters to you. God bless us all. John 1:1, "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. 

Love, 
Rebecca


________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Acram, one of my newest sweet boys. I haven't been writing to him for very long at all and this is my very first letter from him. The letter is written on the Introduction Letter template, which is a treat because we aren't guaranteed to get this template letter from correspondent kids. 

Acram is 5 years old and lives in Tanzania. This letter was written on May 20th, 2017 (and I received it on the 22nd!). 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. I live: In a village 

2. My family members: Hamisi (Grandfather), Sanifa (Aunt), Saufa (Aunt)

3. My best friends are: Innocent Peter & Pendael 

4. If I could visit anywhere I would go: To the city to see the cars and the people 

5. My favorite things: 
             Subject: Math
             Food: Rice with Beans 
             Color: Black
             Game: Football 
             Bible Story: Moses 
             Song: Jesus Walked on the Water in Galilee 

Dear Kayla, 

Acram is very glad to have a sponsor. His family was also very glad and encouraged. Acram says God bless you more for the heart of love which you have shown to him. He says welcome to Tanzania! 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I will end this long blog entry with a letter from Marinelis. This letter also got to me super quickly after it was written! The speed of which these letters are being delivered is truly blowing my mind. 

It appears that Marinelis has been sick. I do not yet know what she was diagnosed with, but I am so happy to know that she has Compassion to take care of her. 

Marinelis is 14 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. She wrote her letter on May 16th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

How are you? How are your parents? I hope that everyone is well. Is there much snow still? I still have not turned 15, but I will on July 18th. I was sick from March 27th until April 3rd. I am receiving a treatment in Compassion. They helped me to buy pills. I have a monthly prescription. I like the photo of you ate age 15. You looked beautiful on your 15th birthday. I liked your hair very much. I would like that my mom would celebrate me, but I don't know if we are going to have a celebration. I have learned in the center about Jesus. He died for us on the cross for our sins. I am going to share a verse with you. 

Marinelis

_________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment