Adsense

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Two Letters from Emanuel

It had been about five months since I last heard from Emanuel, which is highly unusual, especially after the system update. I have been hearing from my kids very regularly so I was definitely confused with this long wait. However, I received two letters on the same day from Emanuel. Neither letter is dated, so I am not sure when they were written, but I am guessing they have been floating around out there for awhile, with some kind of delay. At least it explains why it had been so long since last hearing from him!

Emanuel is 20 years old and lives in Tanzania.


_________________________________________________________________________________

In this letter, my favorite part is when Emanuel talks about the coloring pages I sent him. I typically don't send coloring pages to my teen and young adult boys, but I just had to when I found out that his favorite thing to do is play pool. I just had to send him some pool table coloring pages. Google images is a great invention!

In December, I wrote to my older kids about the parable of the dry bones. It's great to hear Emanuel's response to it.

_________________________________________________________________________________




Dear Kayla, 

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. My family and I are well. How about you? I am continuing well with my studies here at the center. I thank God for my health and well being. Thank you for the letters you sent me. I got them and enjoyed seeing your pictures of you celebrating Christmas. My family and I celebrated Christmas by going to church and later visiting relatives and friends to celebrate the day together. Also in your letter, you sent me pictures to color of my favorite game, pool table. I colored it well and it looks very nice. I'll keep it in memory of you. Thank you for seeing my new picture and saying I look handsome. I also love you, my friend. I read the story you shared from the book of Ezekiel 37:1, concerning the dry bones. It was a very interesting story. I would like to share with you a very from a book of the Bible. It is from 2 Kings 6:1-7. It is a story about an ax that floats after Elisha threw a stick in the water. The ax fell in the water while the man was cutting down a tree to find a place to live. I would like to ask you, what season are you in there? I am praying to God for your good and lasting life. God bless you. 

Emanuel
________________________________________________________________________________

In February, I wrote to my kids and shared the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. I then asked the kids to share a story with me, if they knew one. Emanuel had one to share.

_______________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Greetings in the name of the Lord. My family and I are well. I am happy to receive your letter which had a nice story about a kid who was a shepherd in his family. This story has a nice message to learn from it; to not tell lies. Here in our home, there is a story about an old man who also was a shepherd. One day he worked late into the night. The next day, he went out with his goats. While out with his goats, he felt sleeping because of not sleeping at night. While he was taking a nap, he was nodding his head. The goat next to him thought the man wanted to fight, in the sense of a game. So the goat knocked the head of the shepherd and he fell down and fainted. We learn that when we are tired at work, that may harm us. I would like to also thank you for the gift for my birthday. I bought a pair of trousers, a t-shirt, a sweater, rice, sugar, tea leaves, toothpaste, and candy. Thank you a lot for the gift. I would like to give you a verse from Psalm 9:1. It says, "I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart. I will tell all of your wonderful deeds." May God bless you for your kind heart. 

Emanuel 

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment