Adsense

Friday, May 19, 2017

How Many Letters Can I Type Before I Am Tired of Typing?

I used to be so organized with these posts, sorting letters by topic or by age. Now I am just getting so many letters (which is amazing) due to my kids being so chatty that I just have to type and post them in large groups.

I know that many people may not read these letters, as they aren't their kids, but this blog has become just another way to back up my letters, for my personal keepsakes. I have my letters saved in Facebook albums, on my Compassion account, and on my blog. Barring the internet shutting down like some Revolution (amazing TV show that they cancelled before actually ending) business, I won't lose my letters from all three places at the same time and will always be able to back them up another way in the future.

I will be sharing quite a few letters today so that I can have a letter-responding party!

I'll start off the fun with a letter from Erick. Even though this letter was written in April, he is just now telling me about how he celebrated Christmas. Better late than never!

Erick is 14 years old and lives in Honduras. His letter is dated April 5th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

It's a huge pleasure for me to communicate with you one more time. How are you? I am doing well and I am happy because God loves me. In the CDC, we celebrated the Christmas story and received a Christmas gift. All the tutors dressed in red and made delicious food for us. I do not know any stories right now - only the one you told me, which is very beautiful and interesting, by the way. It's also very true. I thank you very much for the letters and the pictures. I liked them a lot. Thank you very much for remembering me and being aware of me. The pictures of you and your family that you sent me are very beautiful. They are a blessing and they let me know about you. I thank God because I have a very beautiful sponsor. Have you visited Honduras? I am doing very well in school, thanks to God. I ask you to pray so that I may pass the school year with good grades. I would like to hear from you soon. 

With Love and Kindness, 
Erick 

________________________________________________________________________________

Next up, a letter from Jose. He seems quite confused about me being a nanny. I tell all of my Compassion kids that as my job, I take care of two kids. I sometimes send updates about the kids, including when they have birthdays or I send some art to them. Most of my kids understand, but some, like Jose think my nanny kids are my son and daughter. I wonder what they are going to think in a year, when I am no longer nannying for these kids. 

Jose is 19 years old and lives in Peru. His letter was written on April 6th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus. Thank you for your letters and your beautiful photographs of you and your family. Thank you for your daughter's drawing. Your son's birthday cake looks beautiful. I hope he spent a nice birthday. Thanks for the verses. Regarding your questions, my family and I are doing well. I want to tell you that I'm working now. I'll start studying at the institute in August. It's been raining a lot these months (January, February, March) and now everything is green. There's a cooking workshop at the project and there is food tasting too. It seems interesting. Also, the Youth Meeting is around the corner and I hope to participate in it. I would like to know, does it rain in your country? I would like you to pray for me and my family. I'll say goodbye with a big hug. May God bless you. 

Jose

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now a short letter from Enmanuel. Whenever I share a story with my kids, I always ask them to tell me a story. Apparently there is a story in his community about a man who healed a girl. Pretty cool story, if I do say so myself! 

Enmanuel is 9 years old and lives in the Dominican Republic. He wrote this letter on April 22nd, 2017 (my birthday!)

________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

God bless you. How are you? I am fine, thanks to God. I have been having a good time. I have played a lot. In my community there is a story that I like a lot. A Christian man came and did a miracle to a girl. He made her grow one of her arms. One arm was smaller than the other. I ask you to pray for me and my family. 

Enmanuel 

______________________________________________________________________________

Onto a letter from Brian. He is one of many children to respond to stories that I've told him. He is one of many in this very post, for that matter. I'm not sure which story he is responding to, because I have told a couple this year. I am so happy that my kids are enjoying the stories. I will continue to share them. 

Brian is 15 years old and lives in Kenya. His letter is dated May 6th, 2017. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in Jesus' name. I'm hoping that you are fine. My family is fine. God has been our protector. How is your family? The weather in my country is rainy and cold. How is your country? Thank you for the letter that you wrote for me. I have read the story that you wrote for me and it is very interesting and it has many teachings. We have celebrated Good Friday and Easter morning. We remember the suffering of Jesus Christ. Before I wind up, I have a memory verse that I want to share with you. It is Philippians 4:13. It says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Thank you for your support. May God bless you. 

Brian



________________________________________________________________________________

I have officially hit the tired wall. After working all day, my brain has turned off. I am going to push typing up one more letter and then I am going to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. 

This last letter is from Faith, who is my Kenyan daughter. When I started writing to her, Faith was living with her mother and her much older siblings. A letter she wrote to me says that she no longer has parents (my guess is that her mother died) and she now lives with her brother, who is in his 30's. She asked me if she could call me mother. Absolutely. I want her to know how much I love her. It seems like she has really matured and I am glad to hear that God has been watching over her. 

Faith is 11 years old and lives in Kenya. Her letter is dated May 6th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Take much greetings in Jesus name. How are you? How is your climate? On my side, I am fine. Jesus Christ has protected me. I have seen his mighty hand upon me. I have all reasons to thank him. I received all the letters you sent to me. I was glad to know how you are going on. I am happy and thankful to you because you remember me in your prayers. I pray that Almighty Father would continue to be on your side. Let the Lord be with you every single second of your life. In education, I am working very hard to achieve my goals. We opened for the second term of the year. I am working my very best. I love you and I always pray for you. I request you to also keep praying for me and my family. Bye and be blessed. 

Faith

_______________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment