Adsense

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Four Letters This Week (So Far)

This post will contain four letters. I am eager to get responding to all of these letters that I've posted recently, so I want to make sure I get all of these letters typed into my blog first.

I hope you enjoy reading them. I know that I do!

First up, a letter from Prity. She is such a little girl, but she wrote a TON in this letter. On top of the form letter, titled What I Like Best, she included a long letter, that she wrote with the help of her tutor. Love!

Prity is 7 years old and lives in Indonesia. Her letter is dated December 14th, 2016, so there appears to be a delay somewhere, but I am so glad this letter got to me! I love that she asks if she can call me sister!

________________________________________________________________________________


1. What I like best to do with my friends: Riding Bikes

2. What I like best about the project is: Meals & Snacks

3. What I like best to do with my family is: Cleaning the House 

4. The place I like best to visit is: The Beach 

Dearest Kayla, 

Hello. How are you? May I call you sister? I am so glad and thankful to have you as my sponsor. I would like to tell you about me. My father's name is Christian and my mother's name is Jeanny. I am the third of four children. My oldest sister's name is Putri. The oldest is in 2nd grade of junior high school (Would that be 7th grade?). The second is my brother named Price (5th grade of elementary school). The youngest is my sister Praisy. She is three years old. Regarding your questions, I like to read, study, and ride bicycles with my friends. But since my bicycle is broken, I can only play dolls with my sister, Praisy. My favorite colors are red and pink. My parents and I live in my uncle's house because we don't have our own house. The house is made of wood. My family lives together with my grandparents, uncle, and aunt. I don't have my own bedroom and my family (mom, dad, siblings) sleep together in a room. The house has electricity and we get water from the river, since we have a river in our village. The usual occupation in our village is a farmer. Since my dad doesn't own a farm, he works as a laborer. My mom is a house-wife. Compassion helps people, it's true. My parents feel much more helped through Compassion. I get school necessities, such as shoes and books. If we want to go somewhere far from the village, we have to use public transportation. Our traditional food is Tinutuan (I will put a photo of it under the letter. It looks delicious!). Bali is the most famous province and destination to travel in our country. I've never been to Bali because it's so far from where I live. The most famous destination in my province is Bunaken national park. I have two favorite bible verses: Ephesians 6:1 and Proverbs 17:17. Sister, that's all from me. Please send my love to your family. I'll be waiting for your reply. God bless you. 

Lots of Love,
Prity


Tinutuan

________________________________________________________________________________

Next, I will share my very first letter from Mariela. She is writing to me about her favorite things to do and her pets. And I absolutely LOVE how she signed her letter. What a sweet girl. 

Mariela is 12 years old and lives in El Salvador. Her letter is dated April 24th, 2017. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with affection, wishing you would be well with your family and friends. I always pray for you and your family so that God blesses you and keeps you safe. Today I am going to tell you about my hobbies and pets. My hobby is watching television and my pet is a dog. Her name is Osa. I also have a cat. Her name is Gaity. In the project, there is a music workshop and a computer workshop. I like the computer workshop. I like to come to the project because they teach me about God's word. Thank you for the letter you sent me where you told me about the story of the lion and mouse. That story made me understand that everyone is useful. I ask for you to always keep me in your prayers and my family so that God blesses us and keeps us safe. I say goodbye with a lot of affection and love. 

Your Girl Who Loves You So Much, 
Mariela 



_________________________________________________________________________________

I also received the same topic of Hobbies and Pets from Jonathan. He answered the six questions, but didn't write any additional letter. Oh well. Maybe next time! 

Jonathan is 8 years old and lives in Burkina Faso. His letter is not dated. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


1. My Favorite Hobby is: Football 

2. But I also like: Hide and Seek 

3. I like to do my hobbies with: My friend Lassane 

4. I do have a pet: Dog 

6. His name is: Duque 

7. With my pet, I like to: Race 



_________________________________________________________________________________

To close, a letter from Jhonrex. I always love his letters. He seems like a fun guy. For some reason, his drawing cracks me up. It's like he said, "What can I draw in this place without putting forth too much effort?" I love teen boys, haha.

Jhonrex is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. His letter is dated March 25th, 2017.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hi. How are you there? I hope you are doing fine. Me, I'm doing well. I always play basketball because it is my favorite sport. Thank you for the letters and for your prayers, especially for supporting me. At school, our exam was just finished and I am thankful that I was able to pass. At the project, we have an activity coming up on April 12th, 2017. It is an overnight prayer. I am excited to join as it will be my very first time in it. As of now, our lessons are about spiritual discipline. Ate Kayla, what grade are your kids in now (So many of my Compassion kids think that the children I nanny for are my kids. It is going to be hard to explain when I am done nannying for them.). What sports do they like? Please pray that I will be able to join in the prayer at the center. Thank you and God bless you. 

Sincerely Yours,
Jhonrex


________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment