Adsense

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Letters from East India

Since the new letter system started earlier this year, a few country offices really started to lag behind in letter delivery. One of those offices was the East India office. When I received these two letters this week, it was the first time I had heard from my kids in 7-8 months.

This first letter, from Indresh, is actually the very first letter I have received from him, since I was first assigned to correspond with him in January. While I may complain about having to wait for letters sometimes, the letters always end up being worth the wait. This is a pretty impressive first letter, as far as first letters go. He answered most of the questions that I've asked him my first letters to him. I have a feeling Indresh and I are going to build up a great relationship.

Indresh is 10 years old. His letter is dated April 28th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in Christ. I got your letter. I am feeling good. I am happy. I have seen your photo, which is so beautiful. I am fine here and all of my family members are also fine. I have seen the child's photo. Me and my friends will pray for that child. I am living with my parents. My house is made of mud. Electricity is available in my house. I am sleeping on a bed. A hand pump is available for water near my home. In my community, most of the people have jobs in the factory. We are getting clothes, oil, soap, bags, and books through our center. In my place, people travel by bicycle. I like to go on picnics with our center. In my place, very good food is available: vegetables, pulses, rice, mutton, fish, etc. In our place, there are very good places to see a visit, like the Taj Mahal in Agra, the Tower of Chittor, and Keviyoor Temple. Praise the Lord. 

Indresh

________________________________________________________________________________

I also received a letter from Nandini. It's not the most chatty letter, but she is responding to the letter that I wrote to all of my kids about following rules. She also included a beautiful mandala-type drawing. 

Nandini is 11 years old. Her letter is dated April 6th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the sweet name of Lord Jesus. I am fine here. Thank you very much for your love, prayer, and support. Thank you very much for teaching me so many prayer points. I obey all the rules an regulations at school and other places. I give respect to my teachers and elders. I obey my parents. Thank you for the letters. Please pray for my studies and bright future. Thank you for sharing with me about the Ten Commandments. 

Your Loving Child,
Nandini


______________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment