Adsense

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Answered Questions and Long-Awaited Letter

Every morning, I take a shower, get some coffee, and settle down to my computer. The first thing I check is my Compassion account, looking for green bars. Lately, I've been seeing those green bars a lot. I woke up to two letters today, which I will share with you today.

And since I always like to post my letters in age order, I will share Celeste's letter first. Celeste, like many of my other children answers my questions about why sponsorship is important and why writing letters is important. I have loved receiving these answers! Celeste also writes other great things in this letter.

Celeste is 14 years old and lives in Honduras. Her letter was written on July 5th, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I wish you and your beautiful family are all doing well. Yes, I saw the Minion's movie. It was very beautiful - and funny! I have complete confidence that I will become a great teacher in the future. I am working very hard in order to get good grades in school. In the gardens at school we are growing lettuce, cabbages, and radishes. When these vegetables grow we will share them, as classmates. It is a very beautiful experience to share and eat what we plant. I am very happy that you are encouraging other people to sponsor kids from other countries. I will answer your questions. Compassion is a great support to me and my family. Compassion always takes care of me and always asks me what happened when I miss class. Sponsors are special friends that we have - even when they are far from us. They greatly help us. I thank you for being so beautiful and special for me. To a new sponsor, I would say; I am glad that you are considering to sponsor kids. This is a great support to every kid. Letters are important because that is how we know that you remember us and love us. That way, in letters, we are also able to know if you are enjoying good health. I do like to read your letters - they are very interesting. I am glad to know that you always pray for my family. I thank you for telling me what you do everyday in your work and with your family. I now say goodbye. God bless you and your family! I love you very much! I wish we were able to see each other soon. 

Kindly,
Celeste


_______________________________________________________________________________

The other letter that I got is from Jhon. Hallelujah! I am so happy to hear from Jhon! Since the switch-over to the new letter system, the one country that seems to have struggled the most is Bolivia. I, and most other people that I know with kids in Bolivia, heard from their kids in February or March and then haven't heard from them since. Before today, my last letter from Jhon was received in February. It's been a long wait, but this letter is so worth it. Just to hear from him again! 

Jhon is 17 years old and lives in Bolivia. He did not write the date on this letter, so I have no idea when it was written, though I think it is around February or so, as mentions his winter school break. Jhon has always written every two months on the dot, so it makes sense that this letter would be written in February. I imagine that he has been writing every two months and those letters will start to make their way through to me soon. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Hi Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I greet you with the peace of the Lord. I thank you for the letter you sent to me. About my day; I wake up late and then I get ready for the day. I play soccer in the morning with my friends. After school, I got for a walk in the afternoon. Sometimes, I go eat ice cream with my friends. I tell you that I am doing fine with my family. Thank you for praying for me. I tell you that we have already finished the winter school break and they gave us our report cards for the second semester. I will graduate from high school soon. I say goodbye to you, wishing you successes in everything that you do. I ask you to pray for my family. 

With Affection,
Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment