Adsense

Friday, September 30, 2016

A Trio of Letters to End September

I sure do love how often I've been sharing letters. My blog feels alive when I share letters from kids around the world. I thank God everyday for connecting me to so many kids. It makes the world feel like a smaller, more loving place when I can encourage and love on these kids. Amazingly, two of these letters were all written super recently, as in just a few weeks ago. Or even less!

I have three letters to share with you today. From youngest to oldest, of course...

I received a very first letter from Veronika. It's pretty typical, as far as first letters go. Not too much personal information, yet, but I have no doubt a relationship will build. Plus, Veronika is still little, so is writing on templates. Today's letter is on the My Community template.

Veronika is 6 years old and lives in Haiti. Her letter is dated September 7th, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________



1. My community is called: Carrefour Honore

2. My community is typically: Rainy

3. My community is located in: Nippes

4. One fun thing to do in my community is: Play soccer

5. A common job in my community is: Education

6. A common type of transportation in my community is: Motorcycle


Today, Veronika feels so glad to write to you in this letter and greet you in the name of the Savior. How are you and your family? She is fine, thanks to God. Her activities are going well. She is so happy to hear from you. She is always praying for you and your family. Pray that she'll pass all her exams in school. She thanks you for your support. She wants to share Jeremiah 29:11 with you. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a letter from Derrick. I just heard from him last month, so this letter was a lovely surprise! I've noticed that his country has really grasped the new letter system. This letter came super fast after her wrote it, too. It's such a blessing to be able to know up-to-date information about our kids. 

Derrick is 13 years old and lives in Uganda. His letter was written just this month, on September 16th, 2016. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am so glad to be writing to you today. I am fine and doing well. I am grateful to God. He has taken care of me always. I am happy to tell you that I got my birthday money this week and I am so happy to tell you. God bless you so much! I am happy to tell you the things I got with the gift money: A piglet, two hens, rice, biscuits. Once again, thank you and God bless you. I am still doing a course in mechanics and I am enjoying it. I pray that God blesses you and also answers your prayers. God is good and he cares. Have a great day. Bye! 

Derrick

_______________________________________________________________________________

To end, a letter from Jhonrex. I heard from him last month and earlier this month. 3 letters in one month is pretty great. :) 

Jhonrex is 16 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote this letter on July 9th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Hello, how are you there? I thank you for your continued support and for all the letters. We had Zumba (exercise), group outings, and cooking in my school. In the student center, we had a leadership outing; we went to the pool. I'm working in a water refilling station. Please pray for me that my tooth won't ache again and also that my family will keep away from sickness. How is the weather there? Thank you very much. Til the next letter. 

Respectfully Yours, 
Jhonrex

Philippians 3:8b: "I have discarded everything else...so I could gain Christ." 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment