Adsense

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Ugandan and Kenyan Letters, FTW!

Yes, I said FTW. Internet slang...umm...FTW! :)

Let's jump right into the letters, shall we?

Up first, a letter from Derrick. It appears that he has joined a vocational course. I think that's great! I sure hope he learns well!

Derrick is 13 years old and lives in Uganda. He wrote his letter on May 27th, 2016.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

I am happy to hear from you. Thanks a lot for the letter and the photos. I am glad to tell you that I joined a course of vocational training. I am learning mechanics. I have decided to join mechanics and hope to finish and do mechanical jobs and earn some money. 

To answer your questions, Compassion, first of all, has taught me about God. I have been able to go to school and get items, like a mattress, and this has helped me to sleep better. I have been coursed and guided on how to live a healthy life and make good choices. 

The letters received from you, my sponsor, encourage me to work hard and to know that I am loved. Knowing that God uses you to support me makes me feel special. 

I love to hear what God is doing in your life and about you and your family. I am happy when you tell me how I have grown and when you encourage me. 

Derrick 

________________________________________________________________________________

Now I have two letters from Kenya to share with you. My letters from Kenya have been the most reliable since the new system started. They have been coming like clockwork and traveling the fastest. In this next letter, Brian is answering questions I just mailed to my kids at the beginning of July. My letter got to to him in just about two weeks. Then he answered the letter and it made it back to me in a month. 6 weeks total. Amazing!

Brian is 15 years old. His letter is dated July 23rd, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Receive warm greetings in Jesus name. My family and I are fine and God has been our protector. How is your family? Thank you for your letters and here are the answers to your questions. 

My favorite fruit is the orange. My favorite vegetable is cabbage. My favorite sweet food is chapati (dessert pancake). My best gift I have received is clothes. I like going to church every Sunday and after church, I visit my friends. My favorite game is football. If I could be invisible the whole day, I would go to my friends and call them, but they would not see me and I think that is funny. 

Before I wind up, I have a bible verse to share with you. Ecclesiastes 11:9 says, "Young people, enjoy your youth. Be happy when you are still young. Do what you want to do and follow your heart's desire. But remember, God is going to judge you for whatever you do." 

Thank you for your support and may God bless you. 

Brian 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Onto another letter from Kenya! This letter is from Daniel. I was assigned him as a correspondent child in March and it's been a long wait to hear from him. I am so happy to have this first letter from him! This young man was assigned to me completely by chance and I fell in love with him instantly. I really hope that we get to write to each other for many years. I am not sure why he didn't write at all between March and July, but hey, whatca gonna do, right?

In his letter, he mentioned that he loves athletics. There is a chance that he just means sports, in general. But, I really hope that he means "athletics", as in track and field events. I am about to write Olympic themed letters to my kids in countries that won medals and Kenya got some medals in "athletics." I hope he enjoys that topic!

Daniel is 16 years old. He wrote this letter on July 2nd, 2016.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

First and foremost, I greet you in the name of the Lord, our Savior. I am doing well in school and my family members are also doing fine at home. I am working hard at school and at home. I hope and trust that you are also doing well. Me too, I hope that we can we can be good friends. My favorite food is chapati and meat and fruits. I enjoy athletics and singing. I am happy to see your letter and I love you so much. I am happy to see your photo on your letter. You look like a new friend. My family is also happy for you. We are four people in our family. I am thankful to God for this family. We live in a rural area, not in town. May God bless you and your family! 

Daniel 

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment