Adsense

Friday, August 26, 2016

Things Are Looking Up!

This month, I have received more letters than I have been receiving lately and it's been great! It's so good to see things improving. I've even heard from some kids that I haven't heard from in over six months. I've been eagerly awaiting these letters. I have been really missing my kids.

So today, I have another three letters to share with you. I thought about spreading them out into separate posts, but that's never really been my style before, so why start now? Haha.

First, I'll start with the letter from Sagitaria. She is such a sweet girl and included a coloring page for the little girl that I nanny for, with her letter. It's a picture of a helicopter, that I am not going to post with this letter. I don't have a way to print out the coloring page, but I so love Sagitaria's thought and love for her!

Sagitaria is 12 years old and lives in Indonesia. Her letter is dated July 5th, 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________


Shalom Mama Kayla, 

How are you, Mama? My family and I are fine. You are doing fine, right? I am overjoyed as I am reading your letter. Oh yes, mama, I made it to grade 8. I am very excited to get good grades. This is all by your prayers. I pray that your family there does well. Mama, it is the dry season in Indonesia, but flowers and vegetables continue to grow well. I enjoy writing to you very much. I have school and project holidays now, so I stay at home and help my parents. Please pray, mama, that I become a better student in grade 8. My best friend is Lidia. We both colored the pictures you sent and I will put them on my bedroom wall. I won't forget to pray for little sister C to recover soon from her broken arm. I am sending a picture for C to color. May she be happy with the picture. I'll stop here for now and I hope you write me back. Lord Jesus bless. 

Love, 
Sagitaria 



_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from my sweet boy, Haji. He is one of the children that I've been hearing from like clockwork since the new system started. I am happy to see some countries really jump on board and figure out the new system. I can't wait to see all of Compassion's countries working smoothly every two months. 

Haji is 13 years old and lives in Tanzania. His letter was written on July 9th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

Praise the Lord Jesus. I hope that you are fine. I also am fine together with my family. Also I am doing well with my studies. Thank you to God for giving me the gift of life. Currently, we are in a holiday and I am expecting the schools to open soon, to proceed with studies. Pray for my progress at school and I will do the same so that God will give you the gift of life together with your family and to continue to protect you in your work and for you to be successful. 

MwinyiHaji

________________________________________________________________________________

The last letter of the day is from Nikko. It had been nearly six months since I heard from him. After being used to hearing from every two months or less, I was missing him. I am so happy to have this letter! 

Nikko is 17 years old and lives in the Philippines. He wrote his letter on March 19th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Ms. Kayla, 

Hello my beautiful friend! I received six letters from you. Thank you so much for these. Today, I write a letter to you because I'm happy to receive all of your letters. How are you while reading this letter? I hope you're fine, same as me and my family. 

I have read the verse you shared, Romans 8:37. Thank you for sharing it. I enjoyed reading about Thanksgiving in the United States and the meaning of the Five Finger Prayer. I learned a lot from reading your letters. And regarding your questions, I'd like to answer them the best that I can. Compassion helps me learn to pray and to know more about God. For me, I am blessed having a sponsor like you. I am fortunate because you have supported me in so many ways, especially with your prayers. If someone is planning on sponsoring a child, that would be a blessing. Have them imagine the smile they could put on the child's face. It is important to write letters because we can know each other more and to know each other's situations. I like letters about God and events in your country. 

Please continue praying for me. I am praying for you also, for good health and blessings. How is your job? 

Love, 
Nikko

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment