Adsense

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Letters from some Little Guys

By little guys, I mean my "10 year olds and younger". For some reason, in my head, 10 years old is the threshold into big-kid-hood.

Anyway, here are the three letters I want to share today:

First up, I received a very first letter from Dagim. He didn't have too much to say, but that sometimes happens with a first letter. I'm hoping to see a much more open boy in the next letter.

Dagim is 8 years old and lives in Ethiopia:

_______________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I learn the most about God from my brother. When I pray to God, I pray about my class. Please pray that I'll be a clever student. I want to be a doctor. I love drawing, playing soccer, and reading. Thank you for all your support and your letter. May God give me the best of health. 

Dagim

________________________________________________________________________________

Up next, a letter from Solomon. He is 10 years old and lives in India. His letter is dated May 14th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________




Dear Aunty, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. How are you? I am fine by God's grace. I am happy to receive all your letters. Thank you so much for sharing about the Ten Commandments and prayers. Please share my regards to G and C. They are very cute and lovely. I am glad and excited to say that I have passed my 4th grade exam and I am stepping in 5th grade. Thank you for your prayers. In our project, we had VBS and learned many things about Jesus. He gives us hope, courage, and wonderful things. I enjoyed the arts and crafts in VBS. Please pray for my studies, family, and friends. I am praying for you and your family. 

Thanking You,
Your Child,
Solomon

________________________________________________________________________________

Last up, a letter from Ernest. There have been many hiccups in the new letter system, but I have heard from Ernest every two months like clockwork, since the new system started in April. That's definitely saying something, right? Ernest still does not write his own letters, but I'm sure he will in the near future. 

Ernest is 10 years old and lives in Ghana. His letter was written on July 5th, 2016. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Ernest says he thanks you for your wonderful support. His says his father sows maize during the rainy season on their farm. He says pray for him and his father always. He says pray for his father to have a good harvest from his farm. He says he will pray for God to bless you and grant you a long life. 

Ernest

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment