Adsense

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Last Week's Letters

I'm usually on top of my game when it comes to letters, whether it be typing them up on my blog as soon as I receive them or answering them promptly, but lately, I've been in a bit of a slump. Letters from my kids are piling up and I find myself uninterested in responding to them. Between losing my job and starting a new one, my mind has been so filled with details that letter writing seems to have fallen by the wayside. I know that sponsors go through letter-writing slumps all the time, so I'm trying not worry about it so much, because I know it will eventually pass. Still, I have been receiving letters and reading them is always a treat. Last week, I received 4 letters. I will share them with you now:

First up, my very first letter from Jairo, my newest Honduran boy. Typical first letter template. It must have been written when he was registered in the program, because I only just sponsored Jairo last month.

_______________________________________________________________________________


My Name: Jairo Eduardo 
My Age: 7 years
I am: A boy
I live in: a village 
I live with: My mother
My favorite color: Purple 
What I love to do: Play soccer and play with toys
My favorite food: Chicken soup
My height: 122 centimeters (4')
My weight: 55 pounds
My eye color: Light Brown
What I like most about me: My face
Questions to my sponsor: Do you like to play soccer? What do you do for work? 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Next, a letter from Sagitaria. She was one of the first correspondent children that I was assigned, back in 2012. I love I have gotten to watch her grow and develop over time. 

Sagitaria is 11 years old and lives in Indonesia. This letter was written on July 27th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Shalom, mama Kayla. How are you? You must be fine. My family, my friends, and I are fine. I want to thank you for sending me the letters and stickers. Mama, it is very hot here. My hobby is singing. My dream is to become a teacher. Please pray for me to reach my dream. I am in Grade 7 of junior high school. I pray to the Lord Almighty that we stay healthy and I pray for my family to be fine. 

Love, 
Sagitaria

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, a letter from Rujikorn. I actually just received a letter from her at the beginning of this month, so another letter so soon was definitely surprised. I hope that I have a chatty girl on my hands. I could get used to hearing from her so often. :) 

Rujikorn is 11 years old and lives in Thailand. Her letter is dated July 7th, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Hello. I am Rujikorn. Thank you for the letter, the photo, and the stickers you sent to me. I am doing well. My favorite days are Children's Day and Christmas Day. There was a project Easter activity at the church. My parents attended it. There was a sermon about Jesus, who recovered from death to redeem us from our sins. I am very happy. Thank you for the many good things you have given to me. Thank you for praying for me. I go to school every day. I always attend the project activities and I always attend church on Sundays. My friends and I lead the church service, too. I am very happy. Please pray for my studies and my family. My family and I always pray for you. May God bless you forever! 

Love in Christ, 
Rujikorn

________________________________________________________________________________

To end, a letter from Jose R. I use his last initial because I write to two boys named Jose. This is my very first letter from him, but he seems to be a chatty, open guy, which is great! 

Jose R. is 17 years old and lives in Peru. He wrote this letter on July 22nd, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

Hello beloved sponsor! Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope this letter finds you in good health and you are doing well. I'm grateful for the letter and the beautiful photos you sent. I want you to know that we are going into the winter season and the weather is very cold. I'm thinking of studying business administration because I really like that. At the student center, we are going to have a seminar on August 14th, 15th, and 16th and I'm going to be attending all three days. HOw is the weather where you live? I ask you to pray for my family to do well. I will close with a big hug and kiss. 

Jose

________________________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment