Adsense

Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Children's Story from Uganda

I haven't gotten many letters this week, but I am completely fine with that. My last couple of weeks have been crazy and I am really far behind on my letter writing. I hope to catch up this weekend! Gotta get those responses out and I still want to write a letter about the Women's U.S soccer team winning the world cup. I know, I know, that was a long time ago. I told you I was behind.

Anyway, I did receive a lovely letter from Uganda. The Compassion kids in this country really write great letters. This letter from Derrick is no different.

Derrick is 12 years old. His letter is dated June 24th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Good morning. How are you today? I am fine and my mother sends you greetings. We are fine and thank God for the gift of life. Thank you so much for writing beautiful letters to me and drawing powerful pictures. I enjoyed reading and seeing them. 

In the hairdressing class, we are 10 children. I want to be a doctor. 

In Uganda, we have a population of about 35 million, the last time our country carried out a census. The capital city of Uganda is called Kampala. The national bird is a crested crane. The Independence Day of Uganda was October 9th, 1962. The flag colors of Uganda are black, red, and yellow. The main language is English. The main religion is Christianity. 

My favorite children's story is called The Lazy Rabbit: 

Once upon a time, there lived a very lazy rabbit. He used to not dig and plant, but his friend leopard would dig in his garden and plant groundnuts. So rabbit would always come and steal from leopard's garden. One day, when the rabbit came to steal, he got trapped in the leopard's trap. The leopard took him home and ate him for dinner. 

This story teaches us not to steal. 

I am born again. I got born again when I was 11 years old, at my church. The pastor preached about the love of Jesus. When he made the alter call, I went and he prayed for me. 

If I could make a law for my country, I would make a law where all poor people get free money monthly. 

Yes, I got an award for our football team. We got a trophy when we won. 

I got to know that I had a sponsor when our project staff told me to write a letter. 

If I had a garden of my own, I would plant groundnuts because I love groundnuts. 

I love you so much. May God bless you. 

Derrick

________________________________________________________________________________








1 comment:

  1. What a great letter! It's wonderful that he's received Christ. And what a neat story!!

    ReplyDelete