Adsense

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Letters from East India

During the last week of July, I have received several letters, but had several other posts scheduled at the time. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on posting, a little bit this week. This week, I got three letters from East India, two of them from my girl Nandini, and the other letter from Swapna. Awhile ago, I asked all of my kids if they had accepted Jesus as their savior. The answers are beginning to trickle in. I'm glad to hear the good news in these letters! I will share them now:

Nandini's letters are written a month apart from each other. Nandini is 9 years old. This first letter is dated April 18th, 2015.

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord Jesus. I am fine here and I hope and pray that you are also fine over there. Thank you very much for your love, prayers, and support. I am regularly going to school and the child development center. We had an awareness program on swine flu. Thank you very much for the sticker and card. We have three colors in our flag. Our National bird is the peacock. Our capital city is Delhi. August 15th is our independence day. Our house is made of mud and tiles. I sleep in a bed. We have electricity. We have water boring near our house. 

Your Loving Child, 

Nandini

_________________________________________________________________________________

Her next letter is dated is dated May 25th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the sweet name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am fine with my family. Thank you very much for your love, prayers, and support. I am regularly going to school and to the child development center. We have a singing group in our church. We do celebrate Christmas with a program. Many people join us over there. Thank you for the beautiful Christmas photograph. I got a pass in all my subjects. Thank you for your valuable prayers. I have received Christ as my personal savior. My family members do not know Christ. I believe in Christ and read the bible. Thank you for the beautiful stickers. Please pray for my bright future. 

Your Loving Child, 
Nandini

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, onto Swapna's letter. She is 17 years old. Her letter is dated June 23rd, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla, 

Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope you are keeping well by the grace of God along with your family. I received your beautiful letters. Thank you so much for your love and care. Now here, it is the rainy season. I liked your story. We also have many popular children's stories. I will write a story in my next letter. Yes, I received Jesus as my personal savior. He saved me from many dangers. I liked the Valentine's Day card and stickers very much. We celebrated Yoga Day on the 21st of June in our country. Now I am getting ready for B.A final exam, which I will start on July 21st. I enjoyed a lot my cousin brother's marriage. I pay for you regularly. Please pray for me and write to me. 

With Thanks, 
Your Sponsored Child, 
Swapna

________________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment