Adsense

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Four Friday Letters

Friday was not a good day for me.

I went into work at church, like I typically do on Fridays, but before my shift was over, I found myself unemployed. My church is restructuring it's children's ministry department, and unfortunately, that included the elimination of my position. My last day is this Friday.

Thankfully, my church job was part time and I still have my full time job. Still, I'll have to find another part time job, if I intend to keep spending my money at the level that I am. P.S, I plan to. 

Anyway, I have to say that I was very happy to return home to four letters in my mailbox. News from my kids is always a great way to get some pep back in my step. 

As usual, in age order: 

First up, a lovely, long letter from my Rujikorn. She is one of my newer children and she has started off as a very chatty girl. I think we're in for a good relationship. 

Rujikorn is 10 years old and lives in Thailand. Her letter is dated May 2nd, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________



Dear Kayla, 

Hello! My name is Rujikorn. I am very glad to receive your letter and photographs. Thank you for sending them to me. I hope you and your family are doing well. I accepted Jesus as my Savior already. I was very happy when I accepted him. There are 4 members in my family, my parents, my younger sister, and me. My parents are doing the agricultural work, growing rice. They finished growing rice already. My younger sister and I go to school regularly. The bible is the book that I like the most. During the school holiday, I went to the plantations with my parents. It is not long that my school will start teaching for the new school year. I am now learning more about God every week. I am glad that you are my sponsor. You are very kind and always encouraging me throughout these times. I will try my best with my studies. Please pray for me and for the health of my family and me, too. My family and I are always praying for you. 

May God bless you always! 

With Love and Regard to Christ, 
Rujikorn

_________________________________________________________________________________

Now, another chatty letter from a lovely lady. 

Brenda is 15 years old and lives in Uganda. Her letter is dated April 21st, 2015. 

________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Kayla,

I am greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ. How are you and how is your life and family? Back to me, I am studying well. I am writing this letter to inform you that I have received all your letters and stickers you sent to me. Thank you and May God bless you for that because the pictures you have sent to me are very good. 

I have seen the questions you asked me and all are good. I have earned a prize in singing and one of the audience gave me 10,000 shillings (about $3) as a gift. I am the choir leader of my bible class choir and Sunday School choir. I thank God for that. Another question is if I had my own garden, what would I plant. I'd plant maize and irish potatoes. You asked me if I am having a nickname. Yes, I have it and I am called "Praise God." My favorite book to read is Biology, as a subject in our class and in the bible it is Proverbs. 

Yes, I have plans for everything after my graduation from school. I want to become a nurse and if God wishes, I want to attend university. Now I am studying well at school and the books are going well. I thank you. 

Continue praying for me because even I am praying for you everyday. Here, I would like to share this verse from the book of Proverbs. It says, "My son, pay attention to my wisdom; lend your ears to my understanding." It teaches me to obey God and get wisdom from above. 

Thank you and may God bless you. 

From,
Brenda

________________________________________________________________________________


Continuing, I now have a letter from Xhuliano. As you know, letters from him are always fantastic. 

Xhuliano is 14 years old and lives in Albania. He never dates his letters, no matter how many times I ask him to. Boys! ;) 

________________________________________________________________________________


Hi My Friend Kayla,

I am very happy that I am writing to you today. I am passing well, my friend. Thank you that you pray for me and my family. I feel very well that you take care of two children. I wish C 100 years. I, like G, like cars and balls. I like playing outside with my friends. While my sisters, like C, like dolls and many other things. 

Yes, my friend, you are right. (Mystery?) 

Thank you for the two pictures that you sent me. They are very beautiful. Thank you that you told me about G and C. 

Goodbye, my friend Kayla. I am waiting that you send me another letter soon. 

With Love,
Xhuliano

________________________________________________________________________________

Now, I'll end with a letter from my young man, Jhon. He is usually pretty chatty in his letters, but it seems like he wanted to write a letter quickly, this time. I bet there was something more exciting going on at his project on this day. 

Jhon is 16 years old and lives in Bolivia. He wrote his letter on June 10th, 2015. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Hello Dear Sponsor Kayla, 

I thank you for the photo. I greet you with the peace of the Lord. My family and I are doing well. 

On May 27th at my school, we celebrated Mother's Day with a barbecue and on June 6th, it was Teacher's Day and we did a celebration for them and it was very nice. 

I want to share a bible verse with you: Psalm 23. 

I say goodbye with the peace of the Lord. Blessings for you and your family. I ask prayers for my family. 

With Love, 
Jhon

_________________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your job - praying a new (and better) opportunity comes your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla -
    Also praying for you and a wonderful new part time job. I got a letter from Shilraj today - two pages in English!!! I am so excited - it is my first personal letter from him instead of what the whole class wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete